0
General

Brazil becomes 3rd biggest PC market in the world - study

Tuesday 16 August 2011 | 23:38 CET | News
A report released by IDC shows that a total of 3.86 million PCs were sold in Brazil in Q2 2011, pushing the country from 4th to 3rd place in the world ranking of computer sales, only behind China and the US. According to the report, the volume of equipment sold in the period represented a record in Brazilian PC history and helped Brazil overtake Japan to third place, by selling 95,000 more computers in the quarter. Of the total number of PCs sold in Brazil between April and June, the majority (51.5%) were notebooks, while the rest were desktops (48.5%). Home users were the main buyers of computers in the period, accounting for 69.5 percent of equipment sold. Companies, in turn, had 25.8 percent, while the areas of government and education 4.7 percent.

Categories: General
Countries: Brazil
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.






19 hours
Dutch triple-play consumers spend on average 19 hours per week on the internet
Netherlands  |  2014 Q2

Calendar   /   Industry Events

21 Oct Verizon Q3 2014
21 Oct Comptel Q3 2014
21 Oct Broadcom Q3 2014
21 Oct Broadband World Forum
21 Oct Iran Telecoms & IT 2014 Global Summit
21 Oct Customer Experience Management in Telecoms
22 Oct EE Q3 2014
22 Oct DTAC Q3 2014
22 Oct Turk Telekom Q3 2014
22 Oct NXP Semiconductors Q3 2014
22 Oct AT&T Q3 2014
22 Oct EMC Q3 2014
22 Oct Polycom Q3 2014
22 Oct Millicom Q3 2014
22 Oct Espial Q3 2014
22 Oct Orange Polska Q3 2014
22 Oct Logitech Q3 2014
22 Oct Infinera Q3 2014
22 Oct Fortinet Q3 2014
23 Oct Rogers Communications Q3 2014
23 Oct ADVA Optical Networking Q3 2014
23 Oct Nokia Q3 2014
23 Oct Altera Q3 2014
23 Oct Sonus Networks Q3 2014
23 Oct Sequans Communications Q2 2014
23 Oct Tele2 Q3 2014
23 Oct Telekom Austria Q3 2014
23 Oct America Movil Q3 2014
23 Oct Orange Q3 2014
23 Oct 2nd Enterprise Mobility China Summit 2014
::: More Calendar Items