0
News

KPN acquires full control over E-Plus

Thursday 14 March 2002 | 09:10 CET | News
Royal KPN successfully completed the acquisition of BellSouth' 22.51% stake in the German Mobile operator E-Plus. Royal KPN now has full control of E-Plus, Germany’s third largest mobile operator. In exchange for its interest in E-Plus, BellSouth received 234.7 million newly issued ordinary shares of Royal KPN representing a fair market value of Euro 1,253 million (based on the closing price on March 13 on Euronext Amsterdam). As a result of the transaction BellSouth holds 9.42% of KPN’s 2,491 million outstanding shares. As previously announced BellSouth surrendered its existing warrant on KPN shares, all of its rights regarding KPN Mobile and all of its contingent rights pertaining to KPNQwest. The newly acquired interest of 22.51% in E-Plus will be held directly by Royal KPN. KPN Mobile holds the remaining 77.49%. As a result of the transaction and consolidation of 100% of E-Plus, KPN’s net consolidated debt will increase by approximately Euro 930 million, based on Q3 2001 figures. The effect on revenues (Jan-Sep 2001) would have been an increase of Euro 377 million (Euro 128 million in Q3 2001) and an increase of Euro 60 million (Euro 38 million in Q3 2001) on Ebitda. Royal KPN will announce its financial 2001 results on March 18, 2002, together with a pro-forma statement incorporating the effect of this transaction, and anticipates publishing the prospectus for the newly issued shares on the same day. The exchange right as recorded on the balance sheet of KPN, as at 30 September, 2001 amounting to Euro 7.6 billion, will be valued at the fair market value of Euro 712 million which will result in an incremental financial income for 2001 of Euro 6,848 million. Royal KPN also announces a write down of Euro 13.7 billion of goodwill on the 77.49% interest in E-Plus held by KPN Mobile. Including the effect of the minority interest of NTT DoCoMo in KPN Mobile this will have a net effect on Royal KPN's results of 2001 of Euro 12.4 billion, a figure larger then the earlier indicated range of Euro 9-11 billion. US GAAP requires that the effects of the above mentioned impairment are recorded in fiscal year 2002.


Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories:
Companies: E-Plus / KPN / KPNQwest
Countries: Netherlands
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.






-2% per year
Fixed telephony revenues to drop 2% per year until 2019
Netherlands  |  2015 Q3

Calendar   /   Industry Events

12 Feb Kabel Deutschland fiscal Q3
15 Feb Telecom Italia Q4 2015
15 Feb Orange Poland Q4 2015
15 Feb Cisco Live Berlin 2016
16 Feb Harmonic Q4 2015
16 Feb Rackspace Q4 2015
16 Feb StarHub Q4 2015
16 Feb Sonus Networks Q4 2015
16 Feb Orange Q4 2015
16 Feb Ceragon Networks Q4 2015
16 Feb Liberty Global Q4 2015
16 Feb Container World
17 Feb Vimpelcom Q4 2015
17 Feb Radcom Q4 2015
17 Feb Eutelsat fiscal H1
17 Feb EarthLink Q4 2015
17 Feb Doro Q4 2015
17 Feb iPass Q4 2015
17 Feb Gilat Satellite Networks Q4 2015
17 Feb Nvidia fiscal Q4
17 Feb Net Insight Q4 2015
17 Feb Analog Devices fiscal Q1
17 Feb Brocade fiscal Q1
17 Feb T-Mobile US Q4 2015
17 Feb Arris Q4 2015
18 Feb Inteliquent Q4 2015
18 Feb Spark New Zealand fiscal Q2
18 Feb Comptel Q4 2015
18 Feb Dish Network Q4 2015
18 Feb Equinix Q4 2015
::: More Calendar Items