0
Mobile & Wireless

VimpelCom buys 78% Millicom stake, enters Laos mobile market

Thursday 17 September 2009 | 08:53 CET | News
Russian mobile operator Vimpelcom has acquired a 78 percent stake in Millicom's mobile operator in Laos. The remaining 22 percent of Millicom Lao is owned by the government of the Laos government. The acquisition price is estimated to reach USD 66 million, based on the enterprise value of Millicom Lao of USD 102 million. The acquisition is scheduled for completion by end-2009. With a population of 6.5 million inhabitants, mobile penetration in Laos currently stands at 23 percent. According to Boris Nemsic, VimpelCom CEO, the operator's entry into Laos is the next logical step in the company's

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

We hope you've enjoyed your free articles. Try more access to meet your needs.

  • More frequent visitors may register for free and read up more articles. Register here
  • Very frequent users can subscribe and get unlimited access.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Mobile & Wireless
Companies: Millicom / Vimpelcom
Countries: Lao People's Democratic Republic
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

VimpelCom completes Millicom Laos acquisition

Published 10 Mar 2011 05:59 CET | Lao People's Democratic Republic
Russian mobile operator VimpelCom has completed the acquisition of Millicom Laos. Millicom holds a 78 percent interest in ...





+6.3%
Growth annual revenue Telefonica O2
United Kingdom  |  2015 Q4

Calendar   /   Industry Events

02 May SBA Communications Q1 2016
02 May Ceva Q1 2016
02 May Broadsoft Q1 2016
02 May Interactive Intelligence Q1 2016
03 May Doro Q1 2016
03 May Frontier Communications Q1 2016
03 May Sprint fiscal Q4
03 May Harris fiscal Q3
03 May Inwit Q1 2016
03 May Viavi fiscal Q3
03 May Glu Mobile Q1 2016
03 May Calix Q1 2016
03 May AudioCodes Q1 2016
03 May Magyar Telekom Q1 2016
03 May Swisscom Q1 2016
04 May Proximus Q1 2016
04 May Otelco Q1 2016
04 May Freenet Q1 2016
04 May Interxion Q1 2016
04 May Ote Q1 2016
04 May Zynga Q1 2016
04 May Centurylink Q1 2016
04 May CSG Q1 2016
04 May Deutsche Telekom Q1 2016
04 May iPass Q1 2016
04 May Equinix Q1 2016
04 May Aerohive Networks Q1 2016
04 May Arris Q1 2016
04 May Lumentum fiscal Q3
04 May Mobistar AGM 2015
::: More Calendar Items