0
Wireless

5G Sul Consortium to invest BRL 500 million for 5G rollout

Friday 12 November 2021 | 14:43 CET | News
The 5G Sul consortium will invest BRL 500 million in the roll-out of 5G technology, after receiving a frequency block in the 3,620 MHz to 3,700 MHz band during the recent 5G auction. The consortium will have to install mobile base stations in 1,006 municipalities in the states of Parana, Santa Catarina and Rio Grande do Sul, and also build backhaul/backbone infrastrucuture in eleven municipalities in the state of Rio Grande do Sul. The 5G Sul consortium consists of Unifique, with a 62.77 percent stake, while Copel has the remaining 37.23 percent.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Categories: Mobile & Wireless
Companies: Copel Telecom / Unifique
Countries: Brazil
::: add a comment
This article is part of dossier

5G


Add comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Brazil to auction remaining mobile frequencies within the year

Published 24 Nov 2021 15:25 CET | Brazil
Brazil Communications Minister Fabio Faria said that 85 percent of the frequency lots available were sold during the recent 5G ...

Brazil raises record BRL 47 billion in 5G spectrum auction

Published 08 Nov 2021 10:14 CET | Brazil
The biggest mobile frequency auction in Brazil has raised BRL 47.2 billion, or around BRL 5 billion more than the reserve prices. ...

Brisanet, 5G Sul and Cloud2U win regional 5G licences in Brazil

Published 05 Nov 2021 11:55 CET | Brazil
Brisanet, the 5G Sul Consortium and Cloud2U have been awarded regional licences on the 5G auction organized by Brazil's National ...

Brazilian 5G consortium sends RFQ and RFI to suppliers

Published 19 Aug 2021 16:36 CET | Brazil
The 5G Brasil Initiative, a consortium of 320 ISPs interested in participating in the 5G auction, sent a request for quotation ...