0
Broadband

Altitude to run public-initiative network in Pyrenees-Orientales

Wednesday 14 March 2018 | 09:03 CET | News
French operator Altitude Infrastructure has been selected to run the public-initiative network (known as RIP, 'Reseaux d'Initiative Publique') planned in the Pyrenees-Orientales department. The network will bring FTTP connectivity to 150,000 under-served homes and businesses by 2022, representing 75 percent of the total, and will then be extended to the remaining 25 percent in a second phase of deployment. The operator has committed EUR 54 million towards the overall cost of project (EUR 155 million), and in return will run the open-access infrastructure under a 15-year concession. 

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Categories: Fixed
Companies: Altitude Infrastructure
Countries: France
::: add a comment

Add comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Altitude extends contract for public-initiative network in Pyrenees-Orientales

Published 11 Dec 2020 12:34 CET | France
French operator Altitude Infra has secured an extension to its contract to run the 'Numerique 66' public-initiative network, ...

Altitude's Alto unit integrates 2 more fibre network projects, raises EUR 42.5 mln in financing

Published 20 Feb 2020 14:26 CET | France
Alto's minority shareholder, French bank CDC (Caisse des Depots), has agreed to support the operation via its Banque des ...

Altitude moves to commercialisation phase in 'Numerique 66' fibre network

Published 03 Oct 2019 11:28 CET | France
French operator Altitude Infrastructure announced that the 'Numerique 66' public initiative network project in the ...

Wibox launches 4K STB for fibre customers in rural France

Published 30 Apr 2018 21:19 CET | France
French ISP Wibox announced the launch of a 4K-compatible Android TV set-top box (STB) as part of the triple-play fibre offers ...

Altitude to deploy and operate rural FTTH network in Haute-Garonne

Published 13 Apr 2018 10:42 CET | France
French operator Altitude Infrastructure has been selected to deploy and operate an FTTH network connecting 280,000 rural premises ...

Altitude Infrastructure announces senior appointments

Published 15 Feb 2018 10:21 CET | France
French operator Altitude Infrastructure announced that Ilham Djehaic has recently been appointed to run one of its four main ...

Altitude to run public-initiative network in Aude department

Published 15 Dec 2017 11:31 CET | France
French operator Altitude Infrastructure will run the public-initiative network (known as RIP, 'Reseaux d'Initiative Publique') ...

Altitude to run public-initiative fibre network in Bouches-du-Rhone

Published 04 Dec 2017 11:53 CET | France
French operator Altitude Infrastructure has been selected to run the public-initiative network (known as RIP, 'Reseaux ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

18 Oct Apple Event
19 Oct A1 Telekom Austria Q3 2021
19 Oct Tele2 Q3 2021
19 Oct Netflix Q3 2021
19 Oct Iridium Q3 2021
19 Oct Arm DevSummit
19 Oct Pixel Fall Launch
19 Oct Arm DevSummit
20 Oct Crown Castle Q3
20 Oct Verizon Q3 2021
20 Oct Elisa Q3 results
20 Oct Bango strategy day
20 Oct Samsung Unpacked Part 2
21 Oct AT&T Q3 2021
21 Oct Orange Belgium Q3 2021
21 Oct Telenor Q3 2021
21 Oct Intel Q3
21 Oct Telia Q3 results
21 Oct Snap Q3
22 Oct Doro Q3 results
22 Oct Ericsson Q3 2021
::: More Calendar Items