Angola sees first drop in pay-TV subscribers

Friday 29 May 2020 | 12:08 CET | News
Angola reached 14.8 million mobile telephony users in 2019, a significant increase on the 13.2 million reported a year earlier, according to data published by telecom sector regulator Inacom. In the same period, the mobile penetration rate went up from 45.43 percent to 49.15 percent. Unitel is the dominant operator with a 86 percent market share, while Movicel has the remaining 14 percent. 

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.


Already registered?

Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: General
Companies: Angola Telecom / Movicel / StarTEL / Unitel
Countries: Brazil
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.