0
Video

Angola sells 65% of Ku-band capacity on Angosat 1 satellite

Monday 27 November 2017 | 09:24 CET | News

Angola has managed to sell 65 percent of the Ku-band capacity of the Angosat 1 satellite, according to Infrasat commercial director Emilia Dias, reports Angop. She said that there is more demand in the African market for Ku-band, while for C-band there is more demand in Europe. 

Still 82 percent of C-band capacity on the satellite is available, while 18 percent has already been sold. IInfrasat managed to sell 87 percent of the C-band in the domestic market and the remaining 13 percent to the international market, while 53 percent of the Ku-band capacity was allocated to the international market and 47 percent to the domestic market. 

The satellite capacity has been mostly acquired by the telecommunications, media, defense and security, petroleum and services sectors. Satellite capacity has already been reserved by Mozambique, Lesotho, Congo Brazzavile, DR Congo, and Togo, while negotiations also are underway with Belgium.



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories:
Countries:
::: add a comment