0
Video

Angosat to start marketing Angosat satellite from March 2018

Friday 17 November 2017 | 17:24 CET | News
Angola will launch its first satellite in December, although the marketing of its services will start in March 2018. Around 80 percent of capacity will be sold on the market, while the remaining 20 percent will be used by the state. Investment in the satellite has amounted to USD 320 million, financed by a consortium of banks led by Russia's VTB, reports Jornal de Angola. However, the return is guaranteed by telecommunications operators in the country that currently spend on average USD 15-20 million per month, and will now be able to pay cheaper prices in local currency.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Broadcast & Satellite
Countries: Angola
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Angosat-1 satellite re-establishes contact with earth station

Published 29 Dec 2017 09:12 CET | Angola
The Angolan satellite Angosat-1 has reestablished communication with the earth station, hours after it lost contact, as Secretary ...

Roskosmos loses contact with Angolan telecom satellite

Published 28 Dec 2017 12:46 CET | Angola
The Russian space agency Roskosmos has announced that it has lost contact with an Angolan telecommunications satellite launched ...

Angola sells 65% of Ku-band capacity on Angosat 1 satellite

Published 27 Nov 2017 09:24 CET | Angola
Angola has managed to sell 65 percent of the Ku-band capacity of the Angosat 1 satellite, according to Infrasat commercial ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

27 Jan Uptime
28 Jan Samsung Electronics Q4 2020
28 Jan Crown Castle Q4 2020
28 Jan Skyworks fiscal Q1
28 Jan Rogers Communications Q4 2020
28 Jan Juniper Networks Q4 2020
28 Jan Comcast Q4 2020
28 Jan 8x8 fiscal Q3
29 Jan Airtel Africa Q4 2020
29 Jan Charter Communications Q4 2020
29 Jan Ericsson Q4 2020
29 Jan Telia Q4 2020
29 Jan NEC fiscal Q3
01 Feb Cirrus Logic Q3
01 Feb On Semiconductor Q4
01 Feb NXP Semiconductors Q4 2020
01 Feb Harmonic Q4 2020
02 Feb Lumentum fiscal Q2
02 Feb Amazon.com Q4 2020
02 Feb Alphabet Q4 2020
02 Feb Viavi fiscal Q2
02 Feb FireEye Q4 2020
02 Feb Telenor Q4 2020
02 Feb Vodacom fiscal Q3
02 Feb Tele2 Q4 2020
03 Feb Aviat Networks fiscal Q2
03 Feb Turk Telekom Q4 results
03 Feb Qualcomm fiscal Q1
03 Feb Netgear Q4 2020
03 Feb Adtran Q4
::: More Calendar Items