0
Broadband

Brazil fixed lines drop to 32.8 million in February

Tuesday 31 March 2020 | 17:14 CET | News
The Brazilian fixed telephony market dropped by 0.54 percent in February compared to the previous month, ending the month with 32.8 million accesses and a 47.1 percent penetration rate. According to data published by Anatel, 53.7 percent of the lines belonged to the concession holders, while the remaining 46.3 percent were operated by licensed operators. In terms of market share, Vivo was still the leader with 31.6 percent of total lines, ahead of Oi (30.4%), Claro (29.5%), Algar Telecom (3.8%), TIM (3.2%) and others (1.4%).

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Fixed
Companies: Algar Telecom / Anatel / Claro Brasil / Oi / TIM Brasil / Vivo
Countries: Brazil
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Brazil loses fixed, mobile lines in June, broadband connections growing

Published 03 Aug 2020 12:27 CET | Brazil
Brazil ended June with 225.1 million mobile telephony users, down from 225.3 million the previous month, accounting for a 95.7 ...

Brazilian mobile, fixed lines down in April, broadband base stable

Published 29 May 2020 11:07 CET | Brazil
Brazil ended April with 225.6 million mobile telephony users, down from 226.3 million the previous month. That's equal to a 95.9 ...

Brazil reaches more fixed internet than fixed telephony subscribers

Published 30 Apr 2020 12:50 CET | Brazil
The number of fixed internet users has surpassed fixed telephony users in Brazil, according to figures published by the National ...

Brazil fixed broadband subscriptions down 0.7% in February

Published 27 Mar 2020 10:16 CET | Brazil
Brazil had 32.6 million fixed broadband accesses in February, representing 3.3 percent growth year-on-year, but a drop of 0.7 ...

Brazil fixed lines down 11 percent in year to January to less than 33 mln

Published 09 Mar 2020 09:24 CET | Brazil
The fixed telephony service in Brazil ended January with 32.95 million subscribers, down by 1.65 percent on December, ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

03 Aug RingCentral Q2 2020
03 Aug Harmonic Q2 2020
03 Aug SBA Communications Q2
03 Aug WoW! Q2 2020
03 Aug Liberty Global Q2 2020
03 Aug NTT Docomo fiscal Q1
03 Aug Cirrus Logic Q1
03 Aug Ceragon Networks Q2
04 Aug Arista Networks Q2 2020
04 Aug Softbank fiscal Q1
04 Aug TIM Q2 2020
04 Aug Inphi Q2 2020
04 Aug Otelco Q2 2020
04 Aug Allot Q2 2020
04 Aug Twilio Q2 2020
04 Aug Boingo Wireless Q2 2020
04 Aug NeoPhotonics Q2 2020
05 Aug Smith Micro Software Q2 2020
05 Aug Inseego Q2 2020
05 Aug Infinera Q2 2020
05 Aug Fitbit Q2 2020
05 Aug Roku Q2 2020
05 Aug Ribbon Communications Q2 2020
05 Aug Magyar Telekom Q2 2020
05 Aug Extreme Networks fiscal Q4
05 Aug Zynga Q2 2020
05 Aug Dasan Zhone Solutions Q2 2020
05 Aug Dialog Semiconductor Q2 2020
05 Aug CenturyLink Q2
05 Aug Samsung Galaxy Unpacked event
::: More Calendar Items