0
Wireless

Brazil mobile market grows for second month in a row

Thursday 26 March 2020 | 10:30 CET | News
Brazilian mobile lines grew for the second month in a row, ending February with 227.12 million connections and accounting for a 96.8 percent penetration rate, according to figures published by the National Telecommunications Agency (Anatel). Prepaid accounted for 51 percent of connections and postpaid for the remaining 49 percent. 4G technology was responsible for 68.9 percent of total mobile accesses, followed by 3G with 18 percent and 2G with 13.1 percent. 

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Mobile & Wireless
Companies: Anatel / Claro Brasil / Nextel / Oi / TIM Brasil / Vivo
Countries: Brazil
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Brazilian mobile, fixed lines down in April, broadband base stable

Published 29 May 2020 11:07 CET | Brazil
Brazil ended April with 225.6 million mobile telephony users, down from 226.3 million the previous month. That's equal to a 95.9 ...

Brazilian mobile base drops 1.1% in 2019

Published 04 Feb 2020 17:49 CET | Brazil
After two months of growth, the Brazilian mobile telephony base dropped again in December, ending 2019 with 226.67 million Sim ...