0
Wireless

Brazil mobile phone sales down 8% in 2020

Tuesday 23 March 2021 | 11:17 CET | News
The mobile phone market in Brazil registered an 8 percent drop in sales during 2020, for a total of 48.74 million handsets, according to IDC Brasil data. Of the total, 46.18 million were smartphones (-6%) and 2.57 million feature phones (-34%). However, the total revenue of the mobile market increased by 16 percent to BRL 71.7 billion. Smartphones have a 95 percent market penetration, with feature phones accounting for the remaining 5 percent.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Mobile & Wireless
Countries: Brazil
::: add a comment

Add comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Brazilians average two digital devices each - study

Published 25 May 2021 15:47 CET | Brazil
Brazil has 440 million digital devices (PC, notebook, tablet and smartphone) in use, or two per inhabitant, according to the ...

Brazilian mobile subscriber base grows in March for 9th month in a row

Published 03 May 2021 14:13 CET | Brazil
The Brazilian mobile telephony market continued its positive growth trend for the ninth month in a row, with the number of users ...

Realme 7 5G smartphone goes on sale in Brazil

Published 07 Apr 2021 20:22 CET | Brazil
Realme has launched the Realme 7 5G smartphone in Brazil for BRL 2,600, reports Telesintese. The new model has the MediaTek ...

IDC forecasts 1.9% growth of Brazilian telecom market in 2021

Published 05 Feb 2021 15:47 CET | Brazil
The Brazilian telecommunications market should grow by 1.9 percent in 2021, driven by increased demand for digital services and ...

Brazilian 5G to generate USD 22.5 billion in B2B revenue by 2024

Published 22 Oct 2020 15:22 CET | Brazil
5G will generate USD 22.5 billion in B2B business from 2020 to 2024, growing at an average annual rate of 179 percent, according ...

Brazil mobile phone sales down over 30% in Q2

Published 14 Sep 2020 08:44 CET | Brazil
Mobile phone sales in Brazil in the second quarter of 2020 dropped by 30.7 percent compared to the same period last year, to 9.63 ...

Brazil mobile phone shipments down 9% in Q1 due to Covid-19

Published 06 Jul 2020 17:16 CET | Brazil
Due to exchange rate differences, the average price of smartphones increased 15 percent to BRL 1.473. The accumulated turnover ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

25 Jul Fiber Connect
26 Jul Orange Belgium Q2 2021
26 Jul Logitech fiscal Q1
26 Jul Calix Q2
26 Jul F5 fiscal Q3
27 Jul Alphabet Q2
27 Jul AudioCodes Q2 2021
27 Jul SK Hynix Q2
27 Jul A10 Networks Q2
27 Jul Corning Q2
27 Jul MediaTek Q2 2021
27 Jul NortonLifeLock fiscal Q1
27 Jul Microsoft fiscal Q4
27 Jul TIM Brasil Q2 2021
27 Jul KPN Q2 2021
27 Jul Juniper Networks Q2 2021
27 Jul Telefonica Brasil Q2 2021
27 Jul TIM Q2 2021
28 Jul Spotify Q2 2021
28 Jul Cirrus Logic Q1
28 Jul Telefonica Deutschland Q2 2021
28 Jul Ribbon Communications Q2 2021
28 Jul Altice USA Q2
28 Jul Qualcomm fiscal Q3
28 Jul Ooredoo Q2 2021
28 Jul Facebook Q2
28 Jul Equinix Q2
28 Jul Extreme Networks fiscal Q4
29 Jul Telenet Q2 2021
29 Jul BT fiscal Q1
::: More Calendar Items