0
Broadband

Cellcom and Partner Communications hold talks on using IBC infrastructure

Monday 3 September 2018 | 11:29 CET | News
Partner Communications and Cellcom Israel are negotiating the common use of the Israel Broadband Company (IBC) fibre optics venture to compete with the internet infrastructure of Hot Telecom and Bezeq Israel, Globes reported. They have decided to expand their negotiations to include an option for Partner to enter IBC as a partner. In July, Cellcom said that it had signed a memorandum of understanding with the IBC venture to acquire 70 percent of it for ILS 100 million, with Israel Electric Corporation (IEC) retaining the other 30 percent. 

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Fixed
Companies: Bezeq / Cellcom Israel / IEC / Partner Communications
Countries: Israel
::: add a comment
This article is part of dossier

Fibre

,

IBC


Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Hot Israel in fresh merger talks with Cellcom - report

Published 04 Dec 2019 08:28 CET | Israel
Israeli operator Hot has kicked off low-key negotiations with Cellcom even though the companies failed to reach agreement in ...

Cellcom Israel receives approval for indirect investment in IBC

Published 10 Jul 2019 16:03 CET | Israel
Cellcom Israel said it has received all the required regulatory approval from the Israeli authorities for its indirect ...

Cellcom starts selling services on IBC fibre infrastructure

Published 17 Jun 2019 14:54 CET | Israel
Israeli operator Cellcom has begun selling internet and TV packages on the infrastructure of Israel Broadband Corporation (IBC) ...

Cellcom, IIF agree to buy 70% of IBC for ILS 103.5 mln, to invest up to ILS 200 mln more over 3 years

Published 13 Mar 2019 11:29 CET | Israel
Cellcom Israel said it has signed an agreement with Israel Infrastructure Fund (IIF) to purchase 70 percent of Israel Broadband ...

Partner Communications profit halves amid lower revenues in Q3

Published 21 Nov 2018 14:22 CET | Israel
Israeli operator Partner Communications said its total revenues dropped to ILS 822 million in the third quarter, a decrease of ...

Partner Communications launches Apple Business Manager in Israel

Published 07 Nov 2018 14:06 CET | Israel
Israeli operator Partner Communications' business division has launched Apple Business Manager (ABM) in Israel, Globes reported. ...

Partner Communications revenues fall 1% to ILS 797 mln in Q2

Published 15 Aug 2018 13:22 CET | Israel
Israeli operator Partner Communications said total revenues declined by 1 percent to ILS 797 million from ILS  805 million in the ...

Cellcom inks MOU for investment in IBC

Published 08 Aug 2018 11:57 CET | Israel | Update: 09 Aug 2018 10:47 CET
Israeli operator Cellcom has entered into an agreement for investment in Israel Broadband Company (IBC), an operator rolling out ...

Cellcom close to buying 60% stake in Unlimited

Published 30 Jul 2018 16:58 CET | Israel
Cellcom Israel says its close to completing a deal for acquiring control of the Unlimited fibre-optic venture, Globes reported. ...