0
Broadband

Cellcom inks MOU for investment in IBC

Wednesday 8 August 2018 | 11:57 CET | News
Update: 9 August 2018 | 10:47 CET
Israeli operator Cellcom has entered into an agreement for investment in Israel Broadband Company (IBC), an operator rolling out fibre services over IEC's infrastructure. For a total amount of approximately ILS 100 million, Cellcom by itself or with a group of investors may acquire 70 percent of IBC, while the other 30 percent remains with IEC. 

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

We hope you've enjoyed your free articles. Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?


[09/08/2018 10:47 - Update: Adds Globes remarks on change of supplier, equipment, business model]


Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Fixed
Companies: Cellcom Israel / Cisco / IEC
Countries: Israel
::: add a comment
This article is part of dossier

Fibre

,

IBC


Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Cellcom Israel receives approval for indirect investment in IBC

Published 10 Jul 2019 16:03 CET | Israel
Cellcom Israel said it has received all the required regulatory approval from the Israeli authorities for its indirect ...

Cellcom starts selling services on IBC fibre infrastructure

Published 17 Jun 2019 14:54 CET | Israel
Israeli operator Cellcom has begun selling internet and TV packages on the infrastructure of Israel Broadband Corporation (IBC) ...

Cellcom, IIF agree to buy 70% of IBC for ILS 103.5 mln, to invest up to ILS 200 mln more over 3 years

Published 13 Mar 2019 11:29 CET | Israel
Cellcom Israel said it has signed an agreement with Israel Infrastructure Fund (IIF) to purchase 70 percent of Israel Broadband ...

Israeli broadband firm Unlimited applies for new licence

Published 22 Jan 2019 13:54 CET | Israel
Israel Broadband Company (IBC), the wholesale infrastructure services provider joint venture trading as Unlimited, has applied to ...

Cellcom and Partner Communications hold talks on using IBC infrastructure

Published 03 Sep 2018 11:29 CET | Israel
Partner Communications and Cellcom Israel are negotiating the common use of the Israel Broadband Company (IBC) fibre optics ...

Cellcom Israel revenues falls 3.6% to ILS 927 mln in Q2

Published 16 Aug 2018 10:49 CET | Israel
Cellcom Israel said revenues decreased 3.6 percent to ILS 927 million in the second quarter ended 30 June from ILS 962 million in ...

Hot Telecom wants to buy shares in Cellcom fibre acquisition target Unlimited

Published 07 Aug 2018 09:59 CET | Israel
Israeli operator Hot Telecom is demanding that the Ministry of Communications allow it to acquire shares in the Unlimited fibre ...

Cellcom close to buying 60% stake in Unlimited

Published 30 Jul 2018 16:58 CET | Israel
Cellcom Israel says its close to completing a deal for acquiring control of the Unlimited fibre-optic venture, Globes reported. ...

Israel Electric modernizes network with Ciena

Published 18 Oct 2017 12:58 CET | Israel
Israel Electric Corporation (IEC), a supplier of electricity in Israel, is transforming its network with Ciena's converged packet ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

26 Jan Cisco Live
27 Jan Sprint fiscal Q3
27 Jan Juniper Networks Q4 2019
27 Jan F5 Networks fiscal Q1
28 Jan Calix Q4 2019
28 Jan AudioCodes Q4 2019
28 Jan Airtel Africa fiscal Q3
28 Jan Dtac Q4 2019
28 Jan CEM in Telecoms Global Summit
29 Jan Telia Q4 2019
29 Jan AT&T Q4 2019
29 Jan Mellanox Q4 2019
29 Jan Limelight Networks Q4 2019
29 Jan Cirrus Logic fiscal Q3
29 Jan Telenor Q4 2019
29 Jan Facebook Q4 2019
29 Jan Extreme Networks fiscal Q2
29 Jan Qorvo fiscal Q3
29 Jan Microsoft fiscal Q2
29 Jan KPN Q4 2019
29 Jan Elisa Q4 results
29 Jan European 5G Conference
30 Jan BT fiscal Q3
30 Jan NTT Docomo fiscal Q3
30 Jan Verizon Q4 2019
30 Jan Samsung Electronics Q4 2019
30 Jan Amazon Q4 2019
30 Jan The Things Conference
30 Jan FCC meeting
31 Jan Charter Q4 2019
::: More Calendar Items