0
General

Charterhouse acquires rest of Sagemcom

Tuesday 4 October 2016 | 09:48 CET | News
French communications equipment provider Sagemcom has been sold by Carlyle Group to private equity firm Charterhouse Capital Partners, reports Les Echos. Carlyle had a 70 percent stake in the company, with the remaining 30 percent owned by Sagemcom's management team and staff. While details of the transaction have not been disclosed, its value could be close to EUR 400 million according to unnamed industry sources.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

We hope you've enjoyed your free articles. Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: General
Companies: Charterhouse / Sagemcom / The Carlyle Group
Countries: France / World
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Sagemcom demonstrates media gateways and 4K receivers at CES

Published 03 Jan 2017 17:07 CET | World
French communications equipment provider Sagemcom will unveil at CES its PON media gateway, which enables nominal symmetrical ...

Charterhouse koopt rest van Sagemcom

Published 04 Oct 2016 10:52 CET | France
De Franse leverancier van communicatieapparatuur Sagemcom is door de Carlyle Group verkocht aan private equity-firma Charterhouse ...

Sagemcom unveils new range of 4K HDR set-top boxes

Published 12 Sep 2016 16:50 CET | World
Sagemcom unveiled a new range of Ultra HD (UHD) set-top-boxes supporting High Dynamic Range (HDR), a technology that deepens ...

Sagemcom supplies gateways for YouSee upgrade

Published 21 Jul 2016 12:14 CET | Denmark
French company Sagemcom said it is providing Danish operator TDC with its F@st 3890 cable gateway, which integrates Docsis 3.1 ...

Sagemcom gateway certified Docsis 3.1 

Published 21 Mar 2016 15:12 CET | World
CableLabs, the research and development lab for the cable industry, certified Sagemcom's cable gateway F@st 3890 for Docsis 3.1 ...

Sagemcom picks Sierra modules for Enexis' smart meters

Published 18 Feb 2016 10:25 CET | Netherlands
Sagemcom, an European communications equipment provider, selected modules from Sierra Wireless for its smart meters to be ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

18 Feb Magyar Telekom Q4 2019
18 Feb Hrvatski Telekom Q4 2019
18 Feb Ceva Q4 2019
18 Feb TiVo Q4 2019
18 Feb Vonage Q4 2019
18 Feb Smartone H1 results
19 Feb OTE Q4 2019
19 Feb Spark H1 results
19 Feb Dish Network Q4 2019
19 Feb Telefonica Deutschland Q4 2019
19 Feb Technicolor Capital Markets Day
19 Feb Telefonica Brasil Q4 2019
19 Feb Ribbon Communications Q4 2019
19 Feb Gilat Satellite Networks Q4 2019
19 Feb Analog Devices fiscal Q1
19 Feb Deutsche Telekom Q4 2019
19 Feb CyrusOne Q4 2019
19 Feb Future Generation Optical Transport Networks Summit 2020
20 Feb Axiata Q4 2019
20 Feb Starhub Q4 2019
20 Feb Windstream Q4
20 Feb Bouygues Q4 2019
20 Feb Interdigital Q4 2019
20 Feb Intelsat Q4 2019
20 Feb Commscope Q4 2019
20 Feb SBA Communications Q4 2019
20 Feb Liberty Latin America Q4 2019
20 Feb Telefonica Q4 2019
20 Feb Fitbit Q4 2019
20 Feb OTE EGM
::: More Calendar Items