0
General

Colombian Congress approves Coltel capitalization

Friday 16 December 2011 | 10:22 CET | News
The Colombian Congress has approved the capitalization of Colombia Telecomunicaciones (Coltel) by USD 1.8 million, El Espectador reports. The project includes a possible merger with Telefonica. Coltel will thus be able to pay pension liabilities of more than USD 3.8 million. Movistar will cover 52 percent of this amount, while the state will contribute the remaining 48 percent.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Categories: General
Companies: Movistar / Telefonica- Movistar
Countries: Colombia
::: add a comment

Add comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.