0
Broadband

Egyptian ADSL subscribers rise to 5.1 mln at end-November

Friday 19 January 2018 | 10:59 CET | News
The number of ADSL subscribers in Egypt increased in November 2017 to 5.1 million from 4.9 million in September, the Daily News reported, citing the ICT ministry. Telecom Egypt subsidiary TE Data accounted for the largest share of ADSL users at over 75 percent. The four other companies, Vodafone, Orange, Etisalat and Noor, share the remaining 25 percent. The internet market in Egypt gained over 2 million users, mostly through mobile internet, in September 2017. 

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Fixed
Companies: Etisalat Egypt / Etisalat Misr / Orange Egypt / TE Data / Telecom Egypt / Vodafone Egypt
Countries: Egypt
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Egyptian government sets up laboratory to combat software piracy

Published 15 Mar 2018 12:58 CET | Egypt
The Egyptian government said it is setting up a specialised digital forensic lab for Intellectual Property to combat software ...

Telecom Egypt joins Samena Telecommunications Council as full member

Published 22 Feb 2018 13:00 CET | Egypt
The South Asia - Middle East - North Africa (SAMENA) Telecommunications Council has announced that Telecom Egypt has become its ...

Telecom Egypt signs 3-year deal with Orange Data for fibre bitstream access

Published 20 Feb 2018 11:12 CET | Egypt
Telecom Egypt has announced the signing of an agreement with Orange Data to provide infrastructure and transmission services for ...

Etisalat Group net profit up slightly in 2017, sales fall 1.3%

Published 15 Feb 2018 09:27 CET | Middle East
Etisalat Group reported a 0.24 percent increase in net profit to AED 8.44 billion for the financial year ended 31 December 2017 ...

Egyptian operators add 875,700 mobile subscribers in November

Published 05 Feb 2018 09:13 CET | Egypt
Egypt's telecom operators added 875,700 mobile phone subscribers in November 2017, increasing the total from 99.8 million in ...

Egypt's mobile internet users up 3% in September

Published 16 Jan 2018 09:00 CET | Egypt
The number of users of internet services in Egypt increased from 39.98 million in August to 41.98 million in September 2017, ...

Telecom Egypt restores internet service after undersea cable cut

Published 03 Jan 2018 10:41 CET | Egypt
Telecom Egypt (TE) said that it has fully restored its internet services after a cut in an undersea cable had caused disruption, ...

Egyptian mobile internet users rise 10% in August year on year

Published 08 Nov 2017 10:45 CET | Egypt
The Egyptian internet market attracted 3.5 million new clients in August compared with the same month in 2016, the Daily News ...

Egypt's ADSL attracts new 10,000 customers in Aug

Published 02 Nov 2017 07:54 CET | Egypt
Egypt's fixed Internet sector (ADSL) attracted 10,000 new subscribers in August, reports the Daily News citing a report by the ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

23 Feb MWC Shanghai
23 Feb European 5G Conference
25 Feb MTN Nigeria Q4 2020
25 Feb Freenet Q4 2020
25 Feb Telefonica Q4 2020
25 Feb Consolidated Communications Q4 2020
25 Feb American Tower Q4 2020
25 Feb Neophotonics Q4 2020
25 Feb Cogent Communications Q4 2020
25 Feb Cable One Q3
25 Feb VMware Q4
25 Feb TPG Telecom FY results
25 Feb PCTel Q4 2020
25 Feb Dell Technologies Q4 2020
25 Feb Shentel Q4 2020
25 Feb Axiata Q4 2020
25 Feb Twitter analysts day
25 Feb Akamai analysts meeting
26 Feb HTHK FY results
26 Feb Deutsche Telekom Q4 2020
26 Feb Tecnotree Q4 2020
26 Feb Proximus Q4 2020
26 Feb OTE Q4 2020 2020
26 Feb Megacable Q4
01 Mar Inseego Q4
01 Mar Liberty LatAm Q4 results
01 Mar Switch Q4 2020
01 Mar Ooma Q4
01 Mar Zoom Video Communications Q4
01 Mar TIM Brasil investors day
::: More Calendar Items