0
Wireless

Ericsson-LG hit 26.3 Gbps download speed in 5G radio testbed

Friday 13 May 2016 | 01:18 CET | News
Ericsson-LG has demonstrated a 5G network technology in South Korea. The 5G network equipment used for the demo provided a peak download speed of 26 Gbps, The Korea Herald reports, citing Patrick Johansson, CEO of Ericsson-LG. The demonstration was held at the Anyang R&D center. Ericsson-LG is a joint venture founded by Swedish network equipment maker Ericsson and electronics producer LG Electronics in July 2010 in Seoul. Ericsson holds a 75 percent stake, and LGE owns the remaining 25 percent stake in the company.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

We hope you've enjoyed your free articles. Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Mobile & Wireless
Companies: LG
Countries: Korea, Republic of
::: add a comment
This article is part of dossier

5G


Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

LG Uplus taps Juniper Networks for 5G evolution project

Published 12 Jan 2017 07:27 CET | Korea, Republic of
South Korean operator LG Uplus has selected Juniper Networks technology for its next-generation 5G network upgrade. Two specific ...

SK, Deutsche Telekom partner on transcontinental 5G trial

Published 30 Jun 2016 11:37 CET | World
South Korean operator SK Telecom has signed a MoU with Deutsche Telekom and Ericsson to cooperate in the development of a 5G core ...

KT, Verizon strike 5G partnership deal

Published 28 Jun 2016 04:46 CET | Korea, Republic of
South Korean operator KT has partnered with US-based Verizon to establish global standards and develop technologies for 5G ...

KT launches 2pairs LAN GiGA fixed-line network technology

Published 09 Jun 2016 00:47 CET | Korea, Republic of
South Korean operator KT has announced it has developed a technology capable of increasing the speed of local area network (LAN) ...

Huawei, MTC demo 4.5G in Namibia

Published 15 Apr 2016 08:50 CET | Namibia
Huawei in partnership with Namibia's MTC has launched a 4.5G demo for the first time in Africa. The LTE-Advanced live demo was ...

A1, Nokia to demo 5G technology in Vienna

Published 07 Mar 2016 14:48 CET | Austria
Austrian operator A1 will demonstrate 5G mobile technology for the first time on Friday 11 March in Vienna, WebStandard reports. ...

Huawei, Qualcomm demo 4.5G TDD+ uplink techs at MWC

Published 26 Feb 2016 12:28 CET | Spain
At Mobile World Congress (MWC), Huawei and Qualcomm Technologies have jointly demonstrated 4.5G (LTE TDD+) uplink key ...

ZTE, KT demo pre-5G Massive MIMO base station at MWC

Published 24 Feb 2016 11:22 CET | World
ZTE and Korea Telecom are jointly exhibiting a pre-5G Massive multiple input multiple output (MIMO) base station, demonstrating ...

China Mobile targets half billion LTE users by year-end

Published 24 Feb 2016 10:17 CET | China
China Mobile has announced its business targets of reaching 1.40 million TD-LTE base stations, selling 330 million 4G devices and ...

5G demos take centre stage at MWC

Published 23 Feb 2016 15:12 CET | World
All the major network vendors are showing at Mobile World Congress prototype 5G equipment and working demonstrations of the ...

China Mobile, Nokia demo 5G-based robot collaboration at MWC

Published 22 Feb 2016 11:06 CET | World
China Mobile and Nokia Networks are demonstrating 5G-enabled synchronized collaboration of robots at Mobile World Congress 2016. ...

SK demos 25 Gbps throughput with Ericsson 5G radio tech

Published 21 Feb 2016 11:20 CET | Korea, Republic of
South Korean operator SK Telecom is working with Ericsson to build a 5G trial network by end-2016. SK Telecom and Ericsson ...

Ericsson to demo 5G prototypes, IoT systems at MWC

Published 17 Feb 2016 13:13 CET | World
Ericsson has announced its plans for the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, where it will demonstrate its latest technology with ...