0
Broadband

French SVoD market revenues reach EUR 249 million in 2017

Wednesday 16 May 2018 | 10:38 CET | News
Revenues from subscription-based VoD (SVoD) services reached EUR 249 million in France in 2017, up by 91 percent on 2016, according to a study published by the French national film centre, the CNC. They accounted for 51 percent of annual VoD revenues, totalling EUR 485 million. The remaining 49 percent of the market, including rental and download-to-own revenues, reached EUR 236 million, showing only a fractional increase since 2016. The CNC noted that while SVoD revenues nearly doubled, their value remained significantly lower than pay-TV revenues (worth EUR 3.3 billion in 2016).

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Internet
Countries: France
::: add a comment

Add comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Nearly a third of French online population watch SVoD content – study

Published 16 Oct 2018 13:50 CET | France
An estimated 13.6 million French consumers (aged 6+) have watched SVoD content over the past year, according to a survey carried ...

Netflix plans to reopen office in Paris, invest in more French content

Published 28 Sep 2018 10:27 CET | France
Netflix's CEO Reed Hastings said that next year, the company will inaugurate an office in Paris, staffed by around 20 employees, ...

Orange study finds few 'digital geeks' in France

Published 23 Jul 2018 16:44 CET | France
France has a lower proportion of digital geeks than the US and neighbouring markets such as Spain and the UK, according to a ...

Middle Eastern SVoD subscribers set to reach 14 mln in 2023

Published 29 May 2018 11:11 CET | Middle East
Subscription video on demand (SVoD) customers in the Middle East are forecast to reach 14 million by 2013, according to Dataxis. ...

Broadband reception continues to gain popularity among French TV households – study

Published 24 May 2018 17:29 CET | France
A growing proportion of French consumers relies on broadband reception to watch TV, according to the latest survey data published ...

Netflix has close to 3.5 mln customers in France – report

Published 11 Apr 2018 09:18 CET | France
Netflix is adding around 100,000 subscriptions per month in France and its customer base has reached nearly 3.5 million according ...

Adoption of SVoD services in France lags behind main western markets – study

Published 21 Jan 2018 10:04 CET | France
French households are the least likely to subscribe to paid-for VoD services among a group of fourteen developed countries, ...

French VoD market sees revenues from subscription-based services nearly double in 2017

Published 29 Dec 2017 12:50 CET | France
Revenues from subscription-based VOD reached EUR 173 million in France during the first nine months of 2017, up by 98.3 percent ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

25 Jul Fiber Connect
26 Jul Orange Belgium Q2 2021
26 Jul Logitech fiscal Q1
26 Jul Calix Q2
26 Jul F5 fiscal Q3
27 Jul Alphabet Q2
27 Jul AudioCodes Q2 2021
27 Jul SK Hynix Q2
27 Jul A10 Networks Q2
27 Jul Corning Q2
27 Jul MediaTek Q2 2021
27 Jul NortonLifeLock fiscal Q1
27 Jul Microsoft fiscal Q4
27 Jul TIM Brasil Q2 2021
27 Jul KPN Q2 2021
27 Jul Juniper Networks Q2 2021
27 Jul Telefonica Brasil Q2 2021
27 Jul TIM Q2 2021
28 Jul Spotify Q2 2021
28 Jul Cirrus Logic Q1
28 Jul Telefonica Deutschland Q2 2021
28 Jul Ribbon Communications Q2 2021
28 Jul Altice USA Q2
28 Jul Qualcomm fiscal Q3
28 Jul Ooredoo Q2 2021
28 Jul Facebook Q2
28 Jul Equinix Q2
28 Jul Extreme Networks fiscal Q4
29 Jul Telenet Q2 2021
29 Jul BT fiscal Q1
::: More Calendar Items