0
Video

Hughes to launch satellite broadband service in Peru

Tuesday 23 October 2018 | 11:23 CET | News
Hughes Network Systems (Hughes), an EchoStar company, is set to launch its HughesNet satellite-based broadband service in Peru, reports Semana Economica, citing country head and local sales director Hugo Paredes. The company will initially cover 15 Peruvian regions via three distributors, with Paredes pledging a further investment of USD 100 million over the next five years to increase HughesNet's local coverage. "We already have 20 companies interested," he said, adding that "the corporate sector will account for 30 percent of billing while the other 70 percent will be residential."

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Categories: Broadcast & Satellite
Companies: EchoStar / Hughes Network Systems / Telesat
Countries: Peru
::: add a comment

Add comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Hughes satellite broadband picked for Speedcast mobile backhaul across Central America

Published 28 Feb 2019 08:54 CET | Central America
Hughes Network Systems has announced a contract to power Speedcast's mobile backhaul and enterprise services across Central ...

Hughes confirms launch of Peruvian satellite broadband service

Published 31 Oct 2018 14:43 CET | Peru
Hughes Network Systems (Hughes), an EchoStar company, has announced the official launch of its HughesNet satellite-based ...

Hughes to serve 1,000 more cities in Brazil by new satellite

Published 30 Jul 2018 13:57 CET | Brazil
When it becomes operational in the fourth quarter of 2018, the Telstar 19 Vantage satellite will enable Hughes to cover another ...

Telesat launches 19V broadband satellite serving Americas

Published 23 Jul 2018 17:05 CET | South America
Telesat announced the successful launch of its new high-throughput satellite aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket. The Telstar 19 ...

HughesNet launches internet back-up service for businesses

Published 10 Jul 2018 17:15 CET | United States
Hughes Network Systems announced the launch of the HughesNet Internet Continuity service in the US, a satellite internet service ...

Hughes to extends satellite broadband services in Brazil

Published 17 May 2018 15:36 CET | Brazil
Hughes has announced it will start selling satellite broadband plans in more than 1,000 cities in Brazil, including the states of ...

Hughes launches 30Mbps Colombian satellite broadband service

Published 03 Oct 2017 09:22 CET | Colombia
The Colombian subsidiary of satellite operator Hughes Network Systems has officially announced the launch of its HughesNet ...

HughesNet launches satellite broadband at 25 Mbps

Published 08 Mar 2017 11:13 CET | United States
Hughes Network Systems announced an increase in speeds on its satellite internet service in the US to up to 25 Mbps download and ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

18 Oct Apple Event
19 Oct A1 Telekom Austria Q3 2021
19 Oct Tele2 Q3 2021
19 Oct Netflix Q3 2021
19 Oct Iridium Q3 2021
19 Oct Arm DevSummit
19 Oct Pixel Fall Launch
19 Oct Arm DevSummit
20 Oct Crown Castle Q3
20 Oct Verizon Q3 2021
20 Oct Elisa Q3 results
20 Oct Bango strategy day
20 Oct Samsung Unpacked Part 2
21 Oct AT&T Q3 2021
21 Oct Orange Belgium Q3 2021
21 Oct Telenor Q3 2021
21 Oct Intel Q3
21 Oct Telia Q3 results
21 Oct Snap Q3
22 Oct Doro Q3 results
22 Oct Ericsson Q3 2021
25 Oct Facebook Q3
::: More Calendar Items