0
Broadband

Italian cloud computing market worth EUR 789 million in 2013

Thursday 13 March 2014 | 14:48 CET | News
The cloud services market for businesses in Italy registered total sales of EUR 789 million in 2013, a 16.9 percent rise compared to 2012, according to data released by Sirmi. The Public and Hybrid Cloud segment accounted for 60 percent of the market, while the remaining 40 percent came from Virtual Private Cloud services. The survey found that the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) areas grew significantly, while Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Mobile Cloud remained niche areas. The market leader in cloud computing services as a whole is currently Telecom

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Categories: Internet
Companies: Telecom Italia
Countries: Italy
::: add a comment

Comments

Sounds interesting but I won't switch from Zoolz since it is the best in the market by far for now.
Jim Dvor @ 16/3/2014 - 16:37


Add comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

IBM Italia names new managing director

Published 11 Jan 2016 15:36 CET | Italy
Enrico Cereda has been appointed the new managing director of IBM Italia, with Nicola Ciniero confirmed as the unit's president, ...

HP, Telecom Italia team up on enterprise cloud services

Published 03 Dec 2014 14:00 CET | Italy
HP and Telecom Italia have announced a commercial agreement to offer integrated end-to-end cloud transformation services for ...

Telecom Italia launches cloud marketplace for SMEs

Published 24 Oct 2014 10:57 CET | Italy
Telecom Italia has taken advantage of its participation in the Smau 2014 trade fair held in Milan from 22-24 October to launch a ...

Italian tablet sales fall 5.4% as sector reaches maturity

Published 23 May 2014 15:04 CET | Italy
The tablet sector in Italy appears to have peaked with sales in the first quarter of the year decreasing by 5.4 percent compared ...

Wind launches cloud storage service with Ctera

Published 28 Jan 2014 09:49 CET | Italy
Italian operator Wind has joined forces with cloud-based storage provider Ctera Networks to launch a new storage and backup ...

Telecom Italia's new cloud storage service powered by Ctera

Published 21 Nov 2013 08:53 CET | Italy
Cloud-based storage provider Ctera Networks has announced that Telecom Italia's new Data Space Easy IT Cloud service is to be ...

Telecom Italia launches new cloud storage service for SMEs

Published 07 Nov 2013 10:21 CET | Italy
Telecom Italia has launched Data Space Easy IT Cloud, a new pay-as-you-go or flat-rate cloud service aimed at small and ...

Fastweb launches raft of new SME-oriented offers

Published 23 Oct 2013 13:04 CET | Italy
Italian broadband operator Fastweb has updated and expanded its range of offers for small and medium-sized enterprises and added ...

Italy to call EUR 2 bln public cloud tender by Oct

Published 04 Oct 2013 17:13 CET | Italy
The Italian government will organise a EUR 2 billion cloud services tender for the public administration by the end of October, ...