0
Broadband

Liberty Global acquires 95.6 percent of Ziggo

Wednesday 19 November 2014 | 10:02 CET | News
Liberty Global has acquired 95.6 percent of Dutch cable operator Ziggo in its tender offer. It will now start a squeeze-out procedure to acquire the remaining 4.4 percent of shares. Shareholders have until 19 November to accept the bid. After that Liberty Global plans to end Ziggo's stock market listing. 

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

We hope you've enjoyed your free articles. Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Fixed
Companies: Liberty Global / Ziggo
Countries: Netherlands
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Ziggo gets court approval for minorities squeeze-out

Published 22 Apr 2015 10:25 CET | Netherlands
Ziggo announced court approval for a squeeze-out of minority shareholders, after the takeover of the Dutch operator by Liberty ...

Liberty Global revenue growth slows to 3% in Q4

Published 13 Feb 2015 08:44 CET | Europe
Liberty Global reported fourth-quarter revenues up 3 percent year-on-year to USD 4.6 billion, as its takeover of Dutch operator ...

Ziggo management sell shares

Published 26 Nov 2014 10:13 CET | Netherlands
The management of Ziggo have sold their shares in the company in the public offer by Liberty Global for the cable operator. ...

Ziggo shares to stop trading 19 December

Published 24 Nov 2014 10:29 CET | Netherlands
The stock market listing of Dutch cable operator Ziggo will end 22 December. Liberty Global has now acquired 98.4 percent of the ...

Dutch turn to IPTV instead of cable for TV services

Published 23 Nov 2014 13:21 CET | Netherlands
In the third quarter of this year, cable fell to less than 60 percent of the Dutch TV subscriptions, while fibre networks became ...

Liberty Global mist nog 4,4% van Ziggo-aandelen

Published 19 Nov 2014 09:21 CET | Netherlands
Liberty Global heeft op dit moment 95,6 procent van de aandelen Ziggo in handen en begint een zogenaamde uitrookprocedure om de ...

EC names monitor for Ziggo-UPC deal conditions

Published 10 Nov 2014 15:37 CET | Netherlands
The European Commission's competition department has named a Monitoring Trustee to oversee implementation of the conditions ...

Merger Ziggo-UPC will result in 900 layoffs

Published 16 Oct 2014 14:11 CET | Netherlands
The merger between Dutch cable operator Ziggo and UPC will result in 900 layoffs, NRC Q writes. That's 20 percent of the total ...

UPC name will disappear against stronger Ziggo brand -report

Published 13 Oct 2014 21:32 CET | Netherlands
Dutch cable operator Ziggo has opened a separate website with information on its proposed integration with UPC. Regarding the ...

EC approves Ziggo acquisition by Liberty Global

Published 10 Oct 2014 12:08 CET | Netherlands
The European Commission has approved the proposed acquisition of Ziggo by Liberty Global, pending a few conditions. To address ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

28 Oct World Radiocommunication Conference
12 Nov Wi-Fi NOW International
13 Nov Cable Congress
13 Nov TIP Summit
14 Nov Ice Group Q3 2019
14 Nov Bharti Airtel fiscal Q2
14 Nov Westell fiscal Q2
14 Nov Cisco fiscal Q1
14 Nov Bouygues Telecom Q3 2019
14 Nov Nvidia Q3
14 Nov Weibo Q3 2019
14 Nov TDC Q3 2019
14 Nov Vodafone Idea fiscal Q2
14 Nov Telechoice Q3 2019
18 Nov Bezeq Q3 2019
18 Nov Fortinet investors day
18 Nov CRU World Optical Fiber & Cable Conference
19 Nov Gilat Satellite Networks Q3 2019
19 Nov MTS Q3 2019
19 Nov Qualcomm analyst day
19 Nov Connected Germany
19 Nov Connections Europe
20 Nov Inmarsat Q3 2019
20 Nov Avaya fiscal Q4
20 Nov Poly investors day
20 Nov Netgear analysts meeting
20 Nov Line developer day
20 Nov Sigfox Connect 2019
20 Nov NexTV Series Central Europe
21 Nov A3 results for Q3
::: More Calendar Items