0
General

Mexico mobile penetration reaches 85% in Q2

Friday 23 October 2015 | 13:24 CET | News
The number of mobile telephony subscribers in Mexico reached 103.4 million at the end of the second quarter, up 1 percent on the same quarter in 2014, according to data published by the Federal Telecommunications Institute (IFT). The mobile penetration rate reached 85 percent. Of total mobile telephony users, 85 percent were prepaid and the remaining 15 per cent postpaid. Telcel slightly increased its market share to 69.5 percent, while Telefonica had 21.5 percent, followed by Iusacell-Unefon (5.4%) and Nextel (3.1%). The total for the MVNO segment was 0.48 percent (Virgin Mobile 0.32%, Kubo

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: General
Companies: Axtel / Iusacell / Megacable / Nextel / Telcel / Telefonica / Televisa / Telmex / Telnor / Unefon / Virgin Mobile
Countries: Mexico
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Megacable Q1 sales up 22% to MXN 4.1 bln

Published 26 Apr 2016 09:24 CET | Mexico
Mexican cable operator Megacable reported first-quarter service revenues of MXN 4.06 billion, up 22 percent compared to the ...

Mexico mobile broadband users up to 32.6 mln - study

Published 12 Jan 2016 11:40 CET | Mexico
Mexican mobile broadband users grew by 43 percent year on year to a total of 32.6 million in 2015, according to a report from the ...

Mexican regulator launches fixed telephony comparison tool

Published 15 Dec 2015 11:30 CET | Mexico
Mexico's Federal Telecommunications Institute (IFT) has launched an online tool to help users compare the main features of all ...

Virgin Mobile looking to double Mexican subscribers in 2016

Published 18 Nov 2015 14:34 CET | Mexico
Mexican MVNO Virgin Mobile is hoping to take advantage of a diversifying market and new telecoms regulations to double its ...

Telefonica considering IPO of Mexican unit - CFO

Published 12 Nov 2015 09:04 CET | Mexico
Telefonica is considering an initial public offering of its Mexican subsidiary as an alternative to an outright sale of the unit, ...

Telcel gains 916,000 ported customers since July

Published 06 Nov 2015 15:14 CET | Mexico
Mexican mobile operator Telcel attracted a total of 916,000 new customers in the July to September period, benefiting from the ...

Movistar Mexico sales up 18% to EUR 453 mln in Q3

Published 06 Nov 2015 12:11 CET | Mexico
Movistar Mexico (Telefonica) reported revenues of EUR 453 million in the third quarter, up 17.9 percent on the year-earlier ...

Mexico mobile users down 1.4% to 103 million in Q1

Published 08 Sep 2015 15:22 CET | Mexico
The number of mobile subscribers in Mexico amounted to 103 million at the end of the first quarter of 2015, a drop of 1.57 ...

Mexican mobile broadband users up to 50.9 mln in Q4 2014

Published 17 Jul 2015 14:43 CET | Mexico
Mexico ended the final quarter 2014 with a total of 101.8 million mobile subscribers, down from 106.7 million in the year-earlier ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

23 Nov Cellcom Israel Q3 2020
23 Nov Naspers H1 results
24 Nov Analog Devices fiscal Q4
24 Nov Xiaomi Q3 2020
24 Nov VMware fiscal Q3
24 Nov Dell Technologies fiscal Q3
24 Nov KPN Strategy Update 2020
24 Nov SD-WAN & SASE Summit
25 Nov Partner Communications Q3 2020
26 Nov Telekom Malaysia Q3 2020
26 Nov Axiata Q3 2020
26 Nov Megafon Q3 2020
30 Nov Zoom Video Communications Q3 2020
30 Nov NexTV Series MENA
::: More Calendar Items