0
General

Mexico mobile subscribers rise 5.93% to 107.1 mln

Monday 8 February 2016 | 15:32 CET | News
The number of mobile telephony subscribers in Mexico reached 107.1 million at the end of the third quarter, up 5.93 percent from the year before, according to data published by the Federal Telecommunications Institute (IFT). The mobile penetration rate reached 88 percent (+3%). Of all mobile telephony users, 83 percent were prepaid and the remaining 17 percent postpaid.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Categories: General
Companies: Axtel / Iusacell / Megacable / Nextel / Telcel / Telefonica / Televisa / Telmex / Telnor / Unefon / Virgin Mobile
Countries: Mexico
::: add a comment

Add comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Mexico telecom investment up 7.6% to MXN 70 bln in 2016

Published 12 May 2017 14:54 CET | Mexico
Mexico's telecommunications infrastructure sector received a total of MXN 70.2 billion (around USD 3.7 billion) in private ...

Mexico mobile subscribers up 5% to 110 mln in Q3

Published 15 Feb 2017 11:46 CET | Mexico
The number of mobile telephony subscribers in Mexico reached 110.0 million at the end of the third quarter of 2016, nearly 5 ...

Mexico mobile subscribers rise 2.6% to 107.7 mln

Published 27 May 2016 11:17 CET | Mexico
The number of mobile telephony subscribers in Mexico reached 107.7 million at the end of the fourth quarter 2015, up 2.6 percent ...

Mexico's Telcel to host six new MVNOs on network

Published 25 May 2016 13:39 CET | Mexico
America Movil has signed a total of six agreements to host MVNOs on its Telcel network, reports local daily El Universal, citing ...

Telefonica hopes to add 5 MVNOs to Mexico network this year

Published 18 May 2016 11:41 CET | Mexico
Telefonica Mexico is looking to add up to five MVNO services to its Movistar network in 2016, reports El Financiero, citing the ...

Mexico telecoms investment up 35% to MXN 65.8 bln in 2015

Published 13 May 2016 14:04 CET | Mexico
Mexico's telecommunications sector received a total of MXN 65.8 billion (around USD 3.7 billion) in private investment last year, ...

Megacable Q1 sales up 22% to MXN 4.1 bln

Published 26 Apr 2016 09:24 CET | Mexico
Mexican cable operator Megacable reported first-quarter service revenues of MXN 4.06 billion, up 22 percent compared to the ...

Axtel Q1 revenues up 23% following Alestra merger

Published 18 Apr 2016 09:26 CET | Mexico
Mexican operator Axtel reported revenues of MXN 1.76 billion in the first quarter of 2016, up 23 percent on the year-earlier ...

Mexican mobile revenues up 6.7% in Q4

Published 30 Mar 2016 11:16 CET | Mexico
Revenues from mobile telecommunications services in Mexico reached MXN 68.15 billion in the fourth quarter of 2015, taking the ...

AT&T and Telcel awarded 4G frequencies in Mexico

Published 21 Feb 2016 12:38 CET | Mexico
Mexico's Federal Telecommunications Institute (IFT) announced that AT&T and Telcel will receive additional national blocks of ...