0
Wireless

Mexico's Maxcom acquires 51% of Celmax MVNA unit

Monday 7 August 2017 | 13:26 CET | News
Mexican triple-play operator Maxcom Telecomunicaciones announced that it now owns 51 percent of mobile virtual network aggregator (MVNA) unit Celmax Movil. The move was confirmed in Maxcom's second-quarter results statement, with the operator adding that the remaining 49 percent of Celmax shares are held by external investors, all of which took part in the company's recent MXN 158 million capital hike.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

We hope you've enjoyed your free articles. Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Mobile & Wireless
Companies: Maxcom Telecomunicaciones
Countries: Mexico
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Maxcom files for protection from creditors, plans debt swap

Published 20 Aug 2019 10:19 CET | Mexico
Mexican operator Maxcom filed for US bankruptcy protection to enable it to restructure its debt. The company and its Maxcom USA ...

Maxcom revenues down 34% to MXN 296 mln in Q1

Published 27 Apr 2018 14:50 CET | Mexico
Mexican triple-play operator Maxcom Telecomunicaciones reported revenues of MXN 296 million in the first quarter, down 34 percent ...

Mexico's Maxcom sells 72 towers for MXN 197 mln

Published 10 Apr 2018 11:35 CET | Mexico
Mexican triple-play operator Maxcom has announced the sale of 72 telecommunications towers to local infrastructure company MXT ...

Mexican MVNOs account for 1.2% of market - IFT

Published 09 Apr 2018 11:26 CET | Mexico
Mexican MVNOs are still struggling to consolidate their position in the local mobile market, capturing just 1.2 percent of mobile ...

Maxcom Q4 sales down 29% on wholesale slump

Published 01 Mar 2018 09:47 CET | Mexico
Mexican triple-play operator Maxcom Telecomunicaciones reported revenues of MXN 448 million for the fourth quarter of 2017, down ...

Xius enables launch of Toka's MVNO in Mexico

Published 24 Nov 2017 09:12 CET | Mexico
Indian supplier of telecom and mobile payments technology Xius has announced a contract to enable electronic payments specialist ...

Maxcom reduces net loss following sale of residential assets

Published 20 Oct 2017 14:33 CET | Mexico
Mexican triple-play operator Maxcom Telecomunicaciones reported revenues of MXN 438 million in the third quarter of 2017, down ...

New Mexican MVNO Simplii offers 10GB data for MXN 499/mth

Published 05 Oct 2017 11:38 CET | Mexico
New Mexican MVNO Simplii has launched operations on Telefonica's Movistar network with a range of offers promising "more data for ...

Maxcom revenues up 9% to MXN 683 mln in Q2

Published 21 Jul 2017 12:52 CET | Mexico
Mexican triple-play operator Maxcom Telecomunicaciones reported revenues of MXN 683 million in the second quarter of 2017, up 9 ...

Mexico's Maxcom to help retailer Soriana launch MVNO

Published 17 May 2017 11:38 CET | Mexico
Mexican triple-play operator Maxcom Telecomunicaciones has reached an MVNE agreement to help local supermarket chain Soriana ...