0
Broadband

Most businesses unprepared for cyber attacks - study

Friday 20 May 2016 | 15:19 CET | News
The majority of businesses worldwide remain unprepared and without a formal plan to respond to cyber security attacks, according to the 2016 Global Threat Intelligence Report (GTIR) from NTT Com Security. The annual report has been published since 2013. The latest edition shows little improvement in preparedness, with a slight increase in organisations that are not properly prepared. Over the last three years, on average three quarters (77%) or organisations fall into the 'unprepared' category, leaving 23 percent with the capability to respond effectively to critical security incidents. The

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

We hope you've enjoyed your free articles. Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Internet
Countries: World
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Dimension Data contracted by Asia Commercial Bank 

Published 24 May 2016 09:25 CET | Vietnam
Dimension Data was contracted by Asia Commercial Bank (ACB), a private bank in Vietnam, to refresh its legacy infrastructure and ...

Thales strengthens cyber security team in Mideast

Published 20 May 2016 08:58 CET | Middle East
Thales says its strengthening its cybersecurity market in the Middle East with new executive appointments to its e-Security team. ...

StarHub opens Cyber Security Centre of Excellence

Published 18 May 2016 10:21 CET | Singapore
StarHub has launched its Cyber Security Centre of Excellence (COE). Via this facility, StarHub plans to grow the local cyber ...

Hong Kong launches Cyber Security Summit 2016

Published 17 May 2016 12:49 CET | Hong Kong
Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI) and Hong Kong Police Force (HKPF) have launched the Cyber ...

EU companies commit to coordinated vulnerability disclosure

Published 13 May 2016 11:02 CET | Europe
The EU's cyber security agency Enisa has announced that around 30 organisations have signed a Coordinated Vulnerability ...

IBM unveils Watson for Cyber Security

Published 11 May 2016 16:50 CET | World
IBM Security has announced Watson for Cyber Security, a new cloud-based version of the company's cognitive technology trained on ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

28 Oct World Radiocommunication Conference
12 Nov Wi-Fi NOW International
13 Nov Cable Congress
13 Nov TIP Summit
14 Nov Ice Group Q3 2019
14 Nov Bharti Airtel fiscal Q2
14 Nov Westell fiscal Q2
14 Nov Cisco fiscal Q1
14 Nov Bouygues Telecom Q3 2019
14 Nov Nvidia Q3
14 Nov Weibo Q3 2019
14 Nov TDC Q3 2019
14 Nov Vodafone Idea fiscal Q2
14 Nov Telechoice Q3 2019
18 Nov Bezeq Q3 2019
18 Nov Fortinet investors day
18 Nov CRU World Optical Fiber & Cable Conference
19 Nov Gilat Satellite Networks Q3 2019
19 Nov MTS Q3 2019
19 Nov Qualcomm analyst day
19 Nov Connected Germany
19 Nov Connections Europe
20 Nov Inmarsat Q3 2019
20 Nov Avaya fiscal Q4
20 Nov Poly investors day
20 Nov Netgear analysts meeting
20 Nov Line developer day
20 Nov Sigfox Connect 2019
20 Nov NexTV Series Central Europe
21 Nov A3 results for Q3
::: More Calendar Items