0
Wireless

Movilnet, ZTE to launch El Vergatario handset on 8 May

Monday 4 May 2009 | 09:29 CET | News
Venezuelan operator Movilnet will launch the low-cost ZTE C366 mobile phone on the local market on 8 May. Baptized 'El Vergatario', the terminal is the first mobile phone produced in Venezuela, and features an alarm clock, calculator, games, radio, camera as well as SMS capabilities. The CDMA phone will be available for VEF 30 (USD 13.95). El Vergatario is produced at the Venezuelan Telecommunications Factory (Vetelca), a joint stock company in which the Venezuelan state holds an 85 percent stake, while the remaining 15 percent is owned by Chinese telecommunications equipment manufacturer

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Mobile & Wireless
Companies: Movilnet / ZTE Belgium
Countries: Venezuela
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Vetelca to produce 1.3 mln Vergatario handsets in 2011

Published 25 Mar 2011 07:39 CET | Venezuela
The Venezuelan Telecommunications Factory (Venezolana de Telecomunicaciones – Vetelca) will expand its Vergatario low-cost phone ...

Orinoquia handset plant assembles 30,000 units per month

Published 30 Jun 2010 08:29 CET | Venezuela
Venezuelan mobile phone production plant Orinoquia has met its target of assembling 30,000 mobile phones per month. The facility ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

23 Feb MWC Shanghai
23 Feb European 5G Conference
25 Feb MTN Nigeria Q4 2020
25 Feb Freenet Q4 2020
25 Feb Telefonica Q4 2020
25 Feb Consolidated Communications Q4 2020
25 Feb American Tower Q4 2020
25 Feb Neophotonics Q4 2020
25 Feb Cogent Communications Q4 2020
25 Feb Cable One Q3
25 Feb VMware Q4
25 Feb TPG Telecom FY results
25 Feb PCTel Q4 2020
25 Feb Dell Technologies Q4 2020
25 Feb Shentel Q4 2020
25 Feb Axiata Q4 2020
25 Feb Twitter analysts day
25 Feb Akamai analysts meeting
26 Feb HTHK FY results
26 Feb Deutsche Telekom Q4 2020
26 Feb Tecnotree Q4 2020
26 Feb Proximus Q4 2020
26 Feb OTE Q4 2020 2020
26 Feb Megacable Q4
01 Mar Inseego Q4
01 Mar Liberty LatAm Q4 results
01 Mar Ooma Q4
01 Mar Zoom Video Communications Q4
01 Mar TIM Brasil investors day
01 Mar Embedded World Digital
::: More Calendar Items