0
General

Mozambique reaches 13.6 million mobile subscribers at end-2017, up 4%

Thursday 3 January 2019 | 12:55 CET | News
The number of mobile telephony subscribers in Mozambique reached 13.6 million at the end of 2017, a 4 percent growth compared with the previous year, according to the annual report of Mozambique's Communications Regulatory Authority (INCM). Of the total, 99 percent were pre-paid and the remaining 1 percent postpaid. Vodacom was still the market leader with a 41.9 percent share (-0.45%).

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

We hope you've enjoyed your free articles. Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: General
Companies: mCel / Movitel / Vodacom Mozambique
Countries: Mozambique
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

PCCW Global upgrades internet infrastructure in Mozambique

Published 04 Apr 2019 11:27 CET | Mozambique
PCCW Global has completed an internet infrastructure upgrade in Mozambique. The significant upgrade of its internet backbone will ...

Mozambique's mCel and TDM complete merger

Published 22 Jan 2019 11:25 CET | Mozambique
Mozambique's state-owned telecoms operators Telecomunicacoes de Mocambique (TDM) and mCel have completed their merger and created ...

Mozambicans lack info on migration to digital TV - study

Published 03 Dec 2018 15:37 CET | Mozambique
A study released in Mozambique by the media organisation MISA concludes that the population is poorly informed about the ...

Mozambique earns USD 83.4 million from frequency auction

Published 03 Dec 2018 10:27 CET | Mozambique
The state of Mozambique has earned USD 83.4 million from the auction spectrum rights in the 800 MHz, 1800 MHz and 2.6 GHz ...

Mcel, Vodacom and Movitel gain spectrum in 4G auction

Published 23 Nov 2018 13:29 CET | Mozambique
Mozambique mobile operators Mcel, Vodacom and Movitel have been informed that they will be able to provide 4G services, after ...

Vodacom group revenue up 5.6% to ZAR 44.4 bln in H1

Published 12 Nov 2018 08:50 CET | Africa
Vodacom Group revenue increased by 5.6 percent to ZAR 44.36 billion in the company's fiscal first half to 30 September. Service ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

20 Aug MTS Q2 2019
20 Aug Xiaomi Q2 2019
20 Aug Africa Peering and Interconnection Forum
21 Aug Ice Group Q2 results
21 Aug Spark FY results
21 Aug Analog Devices fiscal Q3
21 Aug Zayo fiscal Q4
21 Aug Vodafone Iceland Q2 2019
21 Aug FTTH India Congress 2019
22 Aug China Telecom H1 2019
22 Aug VMware fiscal Q2
22 Aug Sunrise Q2 2019
22 Aug Vocus FY results
22 Aug Sky NZ FY results
23 Aug Mobilezone H1 2019
25 Aug VMworld 2019 US
26 Aug Amaysim FY results
26 Aug Chrous FY results
26 Aug Bezeq Q2 2019
27 Aug Partner Communications Q2 2019
27 Aug Ooma Q2 2019
27 Aug MNF Group FY results
27 Aug ZTE H1 results
27 Aug Hewlett Packard Enterprise fiscal Q3
27 Aug Aviat Networks fiscal Q4
27 Aug Tamedia H1 2019
27 Aug Connected Health Summit
::: More Calendar Items