0
General

Murcia launches EUR 8 mln smart city project

Monday 17 October 2016 | 08:44 CET | News
Always wanted to know everything about the Dutch Telecoms market? Then the online Masterclass Introduction Dutch Telecom market is for you! Please enroll here!
The southeastern Spanish city of Murcia has signed an agreement with Spain's industry ministry and ICT development agency Red.es to launch the MiMurcia project, part of the country's recent "Smart Cities" tender. A total of EUR 8 million will be invested in the project to develop a smart city platform to personalise information for local citizens depending on their context and location, with Red.es allocating 69 percent of the funds and the city the remaining 31 percent. The initiative is also co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: General
Companies: red.es
Countries: Spain
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Spain to award EUR 20 mln funding to 'smart building' projects

Published 27 Nov 2017 09:43 CET | Spain
Spain's Ministry of Energy, Tourism and the Digital Agenda has announced that it will be allocating EUR 19.5 million of public ...

Spain's Red.es to execute 80 projects by 2020

Published 24 Apr 2017 15:11 CET | Spain
Spain's ICT development agency Red.es announced that its board of directors approved the entity's 2017-20 strategic plan, which ...

Spain's Red.es appoints three new board members

Published 23 Dec 2016 10:04 CET | Spain
Spain's internet and ICT development agency Red.es has appointed three new members of its board of directors following last ...

Leceta appointed new director of Spain's Red.es

Published 24 Nov 2016 15:04 CET | Spain
Spain's energy, tourism and digital agenda ministry has announced the appointment of Jose Manuel Leceta as the new director of ...

Spain's Palma to launch Europe's largest free Wi-Fi network

Published 08 Aug 2016 09:13 CET | Spain
The city council of Palma, capital of the Spanish island of Mallorca, is finalising plans to launch Europe's largest free Wi-Fi ...

Spain to give EUR 63 mln funding to 14 smart city projects

Published 01 Aug 2016 15:30 CET | Spain
Spain's industry ministry has announced that a total of 14 projects have been selected to receive EUR 63 million in funds in its ...

Spain increases smart city funding to EUR 100 mln

Published 07 Apr 2016 10:50 CET | Spain
Spain's industry ministry has announced that it has increased the funding for the second "Smart Cities" tender launched last year ...

Over 100 projects apply for Spain smart city funds

Published 15 Jan 2016 12:14 CET | Spain
Spain's industry ministry has announced that a total of 108 projects from all of the country's regions have submitted ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

26 Oct Harmonic Q3 2020
26 Oct Alphabet Q3 2020
26 Oct Twilio Q3 2020
26 Oct CCW Europe 2020
27 Oct Akamai Technologies Q3 2020
27 Oct Megacable Q3 2020
27 Oct Microsoft fiscal Q1
27 Oct A10 Networks Q3 2020
27 Oct Juniper Networks Q3 2020
27 Oct Siminn Q3 2020
27 Oct Sequans Communications Q3 2020
27 Oct Telefonica Brasil Q3 2020
28 Oct Telefonica Deutschland Q3 2020
28 Oct Equinix Q3 2020
28 Oct 8x8 fiscal Q2
28 Oct Ooredoo Q3 2020
28 Oct ZTE Q3 2020
28 Oct Belden Q3 2020
28 Oct Extreme Networks fiscal Q1
28 Oct KPN Q3 2020
28 Oct Telecoms World Asia 2020
28 Oct Cognizant Q3 2020
29 Oct Facebook Q3 2020
29 Oct Telefonica Q3 2020
29 Oct Digital Realty Q3 2020
29 Oct Ribbon Communications Q3
29 Oct Fortinet Q3 2020
29 Oct Corning Q3 2020
29 Oct Spotify Q3 2020
29 Oct CyrusOne Q3 2020
::: More Calendar Items