0
Video

Nearly 20 million Italian households equipped to receive DTT

Tuesday 8 March 2011 | 11:17 CET | News
An estimated 19.4 million Italian families (four out of five) were equipped with a digital decoder in their main residence in December 2010, according to the latest Digita report based on data from E-Res. In total, the number of digital decoders present in Italian households reached 33.2 million, while the cumulative number of receivers for DTT sold from February 2004 to end-December 2010 amounted to 46.9 million. Of these, 19.9 million are integrated (42.4 percent of the total) while the remaining 27.1 million (57.6 percent) are external. Some 18 million DTT receivers were sold in 2010,

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Categories: Broadcast & Satellite
Countries: Italy
::: add a comment

Add comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Italy may bring analogue TV switch-off forward by 6 months

Published 08 Mar 2011 11:26 CET | Italy
Italy's national digital committee, made up of representatives of the government, broadcasters, manufacturers and consumers, has ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

22 Oct Doro Q3 results
25 Oct Dtac Q3 2021
25 Oct Calix Q3 2021
25 Oct Facebook Q3
26 Oct Twitter Q3 2021
26 Oct Alphabet Q3 2021
26 Oct Juniper Networks Q3 2021
26 Oct Corning Q3
26 Oct TIM Brasil Q3 2021
26 Oct Siminn Q3 2021
26 Oct KPN Q3 2021
26 Oct NENT Q3 2021
26 Oct F5 Networks fiscal Q4
26 Oct Digital Realty Q3
26 Oct SK hynix Q3
26 Oct Orange group Q3 2021
26 Oct MediaTek Q3
26 Oct Microsoft fiscal Q1
26 Oct FCC meeting
26 Oct Samsung Developer Conference
26 Oct Cabsat
26 Oct MWC Los Angeles
27 Oct Telefonica Deutschland Q3 2021
27 Oct TIM Q3 2021
27 Oct Spotify Q3 2021
27 Oct Vertiv Q3
27 Oct Netgear Q3
27 Oct Twilio Q3
27 Oct Android Dev Summit
27 Oct Digital Utilities Europe 2021
::: More Calendar Items