0
Broadband

Nine out of 10 South Koreans used internet in 2018 - study

Thursday 28 February 2019 | 07:32 CET | News
Nine out of 10 South Koreans used the internet in 2018, with internet usage growing among senior people, writes Yohap News Agency citing a poll conducted by Ministry of Science and ICT in 2018. Some 91.5 percent of South Koreans used the internet, up 1.2 percent from the previous year. A separate study conducted by local think tank Korea Information Society Development Institute (KISDI) found that phones used in homes and desktop personal computers (PCs) are being phased out as more people opt for mobile devices.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

We hope you've enjoyed your free articles. Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Internet
Companies: Facebook / Instagram
Countries: Korea, Republic of
::: add a comment
This article is part of dossier

LTE


Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

South Korea reaches 95% smartphone penetration - study

Published 07 Feb 2019 08:42 CET | Korea, Republic of
South Korea has reached 95 percent smartphone penetration, while the remaining 5 percent of the population use a mobile phone not ...

Samsung to launch Galaxy A8s smartphone in South Korea in January - report

Published 16 Jan 2019 06:57 CET | Korea, Republic of
Samsung Electronics plans to launch its first smartphone with a camera hole in the display itself in South Korea later this ...

LG unveils mid-range Q9 smartphone in Korea

Published 07 Jan 2019 08:59 CET | Korea, Republic of
LG Electronics announced the release of its Q9 smartphone, featuring key elements from flagship models such as an AI camera and ...

Razer launches Phone 2 gaming smartphone in South Korea

Published 04 Dec 2018 18:53 CET | Korea, Republic of
Razer has released its Razer Phone 2 smartphone in South Korea. The device is designed exclusively for mobile game playing, The ...

KT to launch 10 Gbps internet service on 1 November

Published 31 Oct 2018 15:11 CET | Korea, Republic of
South Korean operator KT will start offering an internet service with speeds of up to 10 Gbps on 1 November, The Korea Times ...

Korean mobile operators deliver 200,000 Note 9 phones in first day

Published 22 Aug 2018 10:40 CET | Korea, Republic of
Korean mobile operators delivered around 200,000 of the Galaxy Note 9 smartphones to customers on the first day the Samsung ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

25 Aug VMworld 2019 US
26 Aug Amaysim FY results
26 Aug Chrous FY results
26 Aug Bezeq Q2 2019
27 Aug Partner Communications Q2 2019
27 Aug Ooma Q2 2019
27 Aug MNF Group FY results
27 Aug ZTE H1 results
27 Aug Hewlett Packard Enterprise fiscal Q3
27 Aug Aviat Networks fiscal Q4
27 Aug Tamedia H1 2019
27 Aug Connected Health Summit
29 Aug Dell Technologies fiscal Q2
29 Aug SeaChange fiscal Q2
29 Aug Bouygues Telecom Q2 2019
29 Aug Marvell Technology fiscal Q2
29 Aug Cyfrowy Polsat Q2 2019
29 Aug Tech Data fiscal Q2
29 Aug Axiata Q2 2019
29 Aug Tele Columbus AGM
30 Aug 5G Leadership Summit 2019
30 Aug Telekom Slovenije AGM
::: More Calendar Items