0
Wireless

Over 34.2 mln in-car infotainment systems to ship in 2018

Tuesday 13 August 2013 | 19:12 CET | News
The number of OEM-installed connected car infotainment systems with multiple OS architectures shipped globally will reach 34.2 million units at the end of 2018, according to a report from ABI Research. Secure container-type units will account for 57.3 percent of shipments and virtual machine-type units will cover the remaining 42.7 percent.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Mobile & Wireless
Countries: World
::: add a comment
This article is part of dossier

IoT


Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Fibre-optic broadband market share to reach 19% in 2013

Published 19 Aug 2013 19:45 CET | World
Fibre-optic broadband market share will reach 19 percent by year-end 2013, from 16 percent in 2012, according to new data from ...

TomTom Q2 revenues slide 4% to EUR 250 mln

Published 25 Jul 2013 14:41 CET | World
Dutch navigation devices manufacturer TomTom reported second quarter revenues down 4 percent year-on-year to EUR 250 million, ...

Huawei, Airtel to offer free Wi-Fi in Easy Cabs in Delhi

Published 04 Jul 2013 16:29 CET | India
Indian mobile operator Bharti Airtel said passengers of EasyCabs in Delhi NCR can avail of 3G services using Huawei's Wi-Fi data ...

Every new car to feature embedded mobile technology by 2025

Published 13 Jun 2013 19:40 CET | World
Embedded mobile technology will have a disruptive impact on the automobile industry, revolutionising the motoring experience and ...

BlackBerry aims for number 3 platform position by next year

Published 06 Jun 2013 17:06 CET | World
BlackBerry 10 will grow next year to be the third mobile platform, after Android and iOS, according to Christophe Lefort, VP & ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

22 Apr Orange Q1 2021
22 Apr Tele2 Q1 2021
22 Apr AT&T Q1 2021
22 Apr Intel Q1 2021
22 Apr VeriSign Q1 2021
22 Apr Snap Q1 2021
22 Apr Nordic Entertainment (NENT) Q1
22 Apr FCC meeting
23 Apr Telia Q1 2021
25 Apr Vodafone Qatar Q1 2021
26 Apr SBA Communications Q1 2021
27 Apr Siminn Q1 2021
27 Apr Alphabet Q1 2021
27 Apr AudioCodes Q1 2021
27 Apr Mediaset FY results
27 Apr Juniper Networks Q1 2021
27 Apr Sequans Q1 2021
27 Apr Corning Q1 2021
27 Apr Calix Q1 2021
27 Apr A10 Networks Q1 2021
27 Apr Microsoft fiscal Q3
27 Apr A1 Telekom Austria Q1 2021
27 Apr America Movil Q1 2021
27 Apr F5 Networks fiscal Q2
28 Apr Yandex Q1 2021
28 Apr SK hynix Q1
28 Apr MaxLinear Q1
28 Apr Oooredoo Q1 2021
28 Apr ZTE Q1 2021
28 Apr Ribbon Communications Q1 2021
::: More Calendar Items