0
Broadband

Paraguay's Copaco to invest USD 100 mln in fibre rollout

Wednesday 18 January 2017 | 11:44 CET | News
Paraguay's state-owned operator Copaco will team up with private entities and invest a total of USD 100 million over the next five years to roll out a fibre-optic network throughout the country, reports La Nacion, citing CEO Eduardo Gonzalez Martinez. "Copaco will be responsible for 40 percent of the overall investment and the private sector for the remaining 60 percent," said Gonzalez, adding that the upgrade will see the operator's entire copper-based network replaced over the next five years. The rollout will begin in Asuncion and the neighbourhoods of Villa Morra and Ciudad Nueva, with

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Categories: Fixed
Companies: Copaco
Countries: Paraguay
::: add a comment
This article is part of dossier

Fibre


Add comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Vallese named head of Paraguay's Copaco

Published 27 Sep 2018 10:37 CET | Paraguay
Paraguayan state-owned telecommunications operator Copaco has appointed Sante Vallese as its new president, reports Ultima Hora. ...

Paraguay's Copaco starts GPON rollout in Asuncion

Published 26 Sep 2017 10:32 CET | Paraguay
Paraguay's state-owned operator Copaco has launched triple-play packages via GPON technology in the country's capital Asuncion, ...

Paraguay cuts call and text interconnect rates

Published 12 Jul 2016 15:05 CET | Paraguay
Paraguay's National Telecommunications Commission (Conatel) has announced the first reduction in mobile phone interconnection ...

Paraguay's Copaco reaches 6,000 IPTV subscribers

Published 13 Jun 2016 12:15 CET | Paraguay
The IPTV service marketed by Paraguayan operator Copaco currently has about 6,000 users nationwide, reports La Nacion. The ...

Copaco to extend 4G to 40,000 users in 2016

Published 27 May 2016 11:47 CET | Paraguay
Paraguayan operator Copaco plans to reach at least 40,000 users with 4G this year, according to CEO Eduardo Neri Gonzalez, ...

Paraguay's Copaco reduces losses in 2015

Published 25 Apr 2016 11:24 CET | Paraguay
Paraguay's state-owned telecom operator Copaco ended 2015 with a loss of PYG 7 billion, a net improvement on the previous year ...