0
Broadband

Serbia to start monitoring ISP data retention

Sunday 22 June 2014 | 16:49 CET | News
Interactive webinar: Vodafone Ziggo deep dive. What is the strategy for the coming years? Where does it stand in relation to its competitors? Join us on January 21st 14:00 CET for a professional profile of VodafoneZiggo in 45 minutes. Register here ...
Serbia's Commissioner for Information of Public Importance and Personal Data Protection, Rodoljub Sabic, has announced that he will soon launch direct supervision of internet service providers. In an interview for Danas he said that the monitoring would cover the 200 largest ISPs in the country and that this would result in a package of measures "that would contribute to rectify the situation, which is certainly not satisfactory". The Commissioner pointed out that only 15 percent of ISPs retain data for 12 months, as required by law, while the remaining 85 percent of operators do so for a

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Internet
Countries: Serbia
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

BeotelNet provides personalised internet packages

Published 29 Dec 2014 10:47 CET | Serbia
Serbian ISP BeotelNet has introduced a festive offer, enabling customers to select a tailor-made package. For example, for RSD ...

Slovenian operators told to destroy retained data

Published 14 Jul 2014 11:21 CET | Slovenia
Slovenia's Constitutional Court has annulled the parts of the Law on Electronic Communications that required telecommunications ...

UKE President says data disclosure invalid in civil cases

Published 24 Jun 2014 10:55 CET | Poland
Polish regulator UKE's president Magdalena Gaj has published a statement on the provision of personal data subject to ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

19 Jan Netflix Q4 2020
19 Jan Telefonica Germany Strategy Update
21 Jan Intel Q4 2020
21 Jan Modern Times Group EGM
::: More Calendar Items