0
Broadband

SFR FTTH secures contract for public-initiative network in Tarn department

Wednesday 12 June 2019 | 17:08 CET | News
Always wanted to know everything about the Dutch Telecoms market? Then the online Masterclass Introduction Dutch Telecom market is for you! Please enroll here!
Altice France announced that its SFR FTTH subsidiary has been selected to deploy and operate a fibre network connecting over 138,600 rural premises in the Tarn department. The project will start this year and is due for completion in 2022. It will require an investment of EUR 271 million, of which 90 percent will come from SFR FTTH and the company that will be set up to run the network. The remaining 10 percent will be covered by public funds.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Fixed
Companies: Altice France / SFR
Countries: France
::: add a comment
This article is part of dossier

Fibre


Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

SFR passes over 149,000 new premises with fibre in May

Published 26 Jun 2019 09:47 CET | France
SFR's fibre network expansion continued during May, with another 149,250 new premises covered since April, when including hybrid ...

Altice France confirms medium-term plan to bring FTTP to entire fibre footprint

Published 24 Jun 2019 12:54 CET | France
Altice France CEO Alain Weill has given more details on the operator's plan to replace hybrid fibre-coaxial with ...

Brittany's rural fibre network sees arrival of SFR

Published 20 Jun 2019 10:46 CET | France
SFR will soon start commercialising its fibre broadband packages in the open access network under deployment in Brittany. This ...

SFR to bring FTTH to more homes in Saint-Denis

Published 05 Jun 2019 10:10 CET | France
SFR announced it has signed a fibre deployment agreement with the Departmental Council of Seine-Saint-Denis and the Ile-de-France ...

SFR to launch new TV ad campaign to promote fibre services

Published 30 May 2019 10:38 CET | France
SFR has announced the forthcoming launch of its second advertising campaign under the 'Enjoy' brand tagline, which the operator ...

SFR passes 170,229 new premises with fibre in April

Published 30 May 2019 10:18 CET | France
SFR's fibre network passed another 170,229 new premises in 179 French municipalities in April, when including hybrid ...

Corsica's local government faces legal action over FTTH network contract with SFR

Published 21 May 2019 10:51 CET | France
The fibre network contract secured by SFR in Corsica last year will be reviewed in court, following a dispute between central and ...

Altice France agrees EUR 3.6 bln equity partnership to roll out FTTH network

Published 30 Nov 2018 10:25 CET | France
Altice France has entered into an exclusivity agreement with a group of investors to sell a 49.99 percent stake in SFR FTTH, a ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

26 Oct CCW Europe 2020
27 Oct GSMA Thrive North America
28 Oct 8x8 fiscal Q2
28 Oct Belden Q3 2020
28 Oct ZTE Q3 2020
28 Oct KPN Q3 2020
28 Oct Extreme Networks fiscal Q1
28 Oct Ooredoo Q3 2020
28 Oct Telefonica Deutschland Q3 2020
28 Oct Equinix Q3 2020
28 Oct Telecoms World Asia 2020
28 Oct Cognizant Q3 2020
28 Oct Wireless Global Congress
29 Oct Comcast Q3 2020
29 Oct Veon Q3 2020
29 Oct NTT Docomo fiscal Q2
29 Oct Fortinet Q3 2020
29 Oct Corning Q3 2020
29 Oct Spotify Q3 2020
29 Oct CyrusOne Q3 2020
29 Oct Alphabet Q3 2020
29 Oct Digital Realty Q3 2020
29 Oct Facebook Q3 2020
29 Oct Telefonica Q3 2020
29 Oct HKBN FY results
29 Oct Motorola Solutions Q3 2020
29 Oct Amazon Q3
29 Oct Ribbon Communications Q3
29 Oct Swisscom Q3 2020
29 Oct Hrvatski Telekom Q3 2020
29 Oct Poly fiscal Q2
29 Oct Orange Q3 2020
29 Oct Nokia Q3 2020
29 Oct BT fiscal Q2
29 Oct Twitter Q3 2020
29 Oct Altice USA Q3 2020
29 Oct Dasan Zhone Q3
29 Oct Teleste Q3 2020
29 Oct Apple fiscal Q4
29 Oct Facebook Q3 2020
29 Oct Telesat Q3 2020
29 Oct Tucows Q3 2020
29 Oct Samsung Electronics Q3 2020
::: More Calendar Items