Tanzanian businessman Mufuruki eyes 51% stake in Wananchi

Thursday 3 May 2018 | 10:59 CET | News

FREE webinar by Telecompaper on the Trends and Developments in the Dutch Telecoms market 2019Q2. Thursday 26th September at 15:00. Register now!

Tanzanian businessman Ali Mufuruki is seeking to take over control of Wananchi Group Holdings by acquiring a 50 percent shareholding, reports The Citizen. Currently, Mufuruki holds 1 percent of the total shares in the Zuku TV parent company. Once the purchase of the other shares is approved, his stake in the internet and pay-TV service provider will increase to 51 percent.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

We hope you've enjoyed your free articles. Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.


Already registered?

Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Broadcast & Satellite
Companies: Wananchi
Countries: Africa
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Vodacom Tanzania appoints Mufuruki as chairman

Published 16 Aug 2017 12:01 CET | Tanzania, United Republic of
Vodacom Tanzania announced the appointment of Ali A. Mufuruki as board chairman with effect from 01 August. Mufuruki succeeds ...

Wananchi Group sells corporate assets to SynCom

Published 17 May 2017 15:47 CET | Kenya
Wananchi Group has entered into an agreement to sell its corporate and enterprise facing businesses exclusively to Synergy ...

Wananchi to shed jobs in TV business merger

Published 16 May 2017 11:27 CET | Kenya
Wananchi Group Holdings, owners of pay-TV and Internet provider Zuku, has issued a retrenchment notice to its workers, reports ...