0
Wireless

Telefonica Germany grows Q3 OIBDA 12.5%

Tuesday 6 November 2012 | 09:28 CET | News
Interactive webinar: Vodafone Ziggo deep dive. What is the strategy for the coming years? Where does it stand in relation to its competitors? Join us on January 21st 14:00 CET for a professional profile of VodafoneZiggo in 45 minutes. Register here ...
Telefonica Germany reported third-quarter revenues up 4.1 percent from a year earlier to EUR 1.32 billion, led by growth in its mobile business. Wireless service revenue increased 5.6 percent to EUR 811.7 million, and total mobile revenues were up 6.9 percent to EUR 977.1 million, thanks to strong demand for smartphones. OIBDA improved 12.5 percent to EUR 339.1 million, helping the margin advance 1.9 percent points to 25.7 percent. Mobile ARPU rose 0.3 percent year-on-year to EUR 14.0, helped by a higher proportion of postpaid customers and 8.1 percent rise in data ARPU to EUR 6.2. The O2

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Internet / Mobile & Wireless
Companies: O2 Germany / Telefonica Germany
Countries: Germany
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

O2 Germany revises business roaming tariffs

Published 19 Nov 2012 16:56 CET | Germany
Telefonica Germany's O2 Business division has revised its mobile tariff plans for voice and data roaming overseas. This will ...

O2 Germany announces Christmas smartphone offers

Published 14 Nov 2012 10:02 CET | Germany
Telefonica Germany has launched a Christmas O2 promotion offering the HTC Desire X and Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 smartphones for half ...

O2 Germany offers new discount tariff for under 25s

Published 13 Nov 2012 14:16 CET | Germany
Telefonica Germany has launched the new O2 Nxt discount tariff for young people aged up to 25 years. Available from 13 November, ...

Telefonica sales slow, profits improve

Published 07 Nov 2012 08:35 CET | Latin America
Telefonica reported a strong improvement in net profit over the first nine months of 2012, up 26.4 percent from a year earlier to ...

Telefonica Germany increased O2 DSL speeds

Published 05 Nov 2012 17:08 CET | Germany
Telefonica Germany is offering higher internet speeds for O2 DSL customers. It is offering a Speed option of 50 Mbps from EUR ...

Telefonica Germany launches O2 Credit Card

Published 05 Nov 2012 11:10 CET | Germany
Telefonica Germany has launched the O2 Credit Card cooperation with the Barclaycard direct banking service. Cardholders benefit ...

Telefonica raises EUR 1.5 bln in German unit IPO

Published 30 Oct 2012 07:03 CET | Germany
Telefonica reports that the shares offered to the market in the IPO of its subsidiary Telefonica Deutschland were placed at a ...

Telefonica Germany eyes network-sharing deal with E-Plus

Published 26 Oct 2012 09:41 CET | Germany
Telefonica Germany is considering sharing its mobile network with KPN's local E-Plus business to lower costs. "When people were ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

19 Jan Netflix Q4 2020
19 Jan Telefonica Germany Strategy Update
21 Jan Intel Q4 2020
21 Jan Modern Times Group EGM
::: More Calendar Items