0
Video

Telespazio, Eutelsat team up to boost Ultra HD via Hotbird

Wednesday 19 October 2016 | 10:02 CET | News

Eutelsat Communications has announced a new agreement with Italian satellite services provider Telespazio to accelerate the move to High Definition and Ultra HD at Eutelsat’s Hotbird video neighbourhood. Eutelsat said the deal will add new impetus to the growth of HD and Ultra HD channels in Italy and across the broad footprint of the Hotbird satellites while Telespazio said it will give large and medium-sized broadcasters the capacity to scale up to HD and Ultra HD. “In addition to covering advanced renewals, the new agreement with Eutelsat confirms our commitment to drive continued growth of Hotbird-based services,” said Telespazio CEO Luigi Pasquali.

Telespazio is 67 percent owned by Italian defence and aerospace giant Leonardo-Finmeccanica, with the remaining 33 percent in the hands of French defence electronics group Thales.


Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories:
Countries:
::: add a comment