0
Broadband

Televisa to acquire Mexican pay-TV operator Cablecom

Friday 2 August 2013 | 09:13 CET | News
Mexican broadcaster and media group Grupo Televisa has announced an investment of MXN 7 billion (approximately USD 546 million) in convertible debt instruments which will allow it to acquire 95 percent of the equity interest of Tenedora Ares, owner of 51 percent of pay-TV operator Cablecom. In addition, Ares will have an option to acquire in the future the remaining 49 percent of the equity interest of Cablecom. As part of this transaction, Televisa also invested approximately MXN 2.5 billion in a debt instruments issued by Ares. The transaction is pending regulatory approval.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Categories: Fixed
Countries: Mexico
::: add a comment

Add comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Sky leads pay-TV service revenues in Mexico

Published 03 Jan 2014 11:16 CET | Mexico
Televisa's satellite pay-TV unit Sky led pay-TV service revenues in Mexico in the third quarter of 2013, El Universal reports, ...

Megacable launches OnDemand TV Everywhere service with Cisco

Published 07 Nov 2013 01:23 CET | Mexico
Mexican pay-TV operator Megacable has launched a service dubbed 'Megacable OnDemand', using the Cisco Videoscape Unityservice ...

Dish adds free-to-air channels unilaterally in Mexico

Published 17 Sep 2013 11:07 CET | Mexico
DTH operator Dish has started transmitting free-to-air TV channels Televisa and TV Azteca unilaterally in Mexico, arguing that ...

ExcelsiorTV starts broadcasting in Mexico

Published 04 Sep 2013 10:14 CET | Mexico
Mexico's Imagine Multimedia Group has launched new information channel, ExcelsiorTV on DTT and pay-TV. The group publishes the ...

Alestra acquires Mexican operator G-Tel

Published 27 Aug 2013 12:18 CET | Mexico
Mexican fixed-line operator Alestra has acquired G-Tel Comunicacion. G-Tel provides voice, data and video services in northeast ...

Fitch rates Televisa's IDR at 'BBB+', outlook stable

Published 11 Aug 2013 13:28 CET | Mexico
Fitch Ratings has affirmed Mexican broadcaster and media group Grupo Televisa's foreign and local currency Issuer Default Ratings ...

Maxcom restructures debt, gets USD 45 mln capital infusion

Published 04 Jul 2013 07:34 CET | Mexico
Mexican fixed phone operator Maxcom Telecomunicaciones has negotiated the terms of a comprehensive recapitalization and debt ...

Mexico's Grupo Hevi studies Telecable sale – report

Published 20 May 2013 10:30 CET | Mexico
Grupo Hevi, owner of Mexican cable operator TeleCable, has hired Barclays to explore a sale, Bloomberg reports, citing unnamed ...

America Movil to acquire CIE's media and advertisement unit

Published 22 Jan 2013 03:12 CET | Mexico
America Movil has agreed to acquire Corporacion de Medios Integrales (CMI) from Corporacion Interamericana de Entretenimiento ...

Televisa accepts watchdog's conditions on Iusacell deal

Published 19 Jun 2012 09:08 CET | Mexico
Mexican broadcaster Televisa has announced it accepts the conditions established by Mexico's competition watchdog Federal ...

Mexican watchdog approves Televisa-Iusacell deal

Published 15 Jun 2012 09:17 CET | Mexico
Mexico's competition watchdog Federal Competition Commission (Cofeco) has approved Televisa's plan to acquire half of mobile ...