0
Wireless

Telia Sweden welcomes availability of 700 MHz band from 2017

Thursday 27 February 2014 | 23:01 CET | News
Telia Sweden said it welcomes the Swedish government's decision to free up the 700 MHz frequency band from 2017 for mobile broadband and mobile telephony. The decision will provide Telia with even better conditions for removing gaps in coverage in sparsely populated areas, giving more and more people access to modern technology. It said from 2015, Telia will have three mobile telephony networks covering about 90 percent of Sweden's territory. Making the 700 MHz band available will enable to continue expanding, so that the other 10 percent of the country gets good coverage, it said.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Mobile & Wireless
Countries: Sweden
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Sweden scraps 700 MHz auction on security grounds

Published 01 Nov 2016 11:59 CET | Sweden
Swedish postal and telecoms regulator PTS said the government has decided to keep the 694-790 MHz frequency range available for ...

PTS issues study on use of 700 MHz band

Published 03 Mar 2015 12:34 CET | Sweden
Swedish postal and telecommunications regulator PTS has published a preliminary study into the allocation of the 700 MHz band for ...

Telia wins order from Solleftea council

Published 13 Mar 2014 13:04 CET | Sweden
Telia Sweden said it has won a contract from Solleftea town council to provide fixed line and mobile telephony services as well ...

Telia Sweden names iPhone 5S best-selling smartphone in Feb

Published 10 Mar 2014 12:11 CET | Sweden
Telia Sweden has published its list of the ten best-selling smartphones in its shops, phone sales and webshop in February. The ...

Swedish PTS insists 700 MHz band is needed for mobile grids

Published 07 Mar 2014 12:10 CET | Sweden
Swedish postal and telecoms regulator PTS has defended the government's decision to reallocate the 700 MHz waveband, currently ...

EBU criticises Swedish plan to reallocate 700 MHz band

Published 04 Mar 2014 11:53 CET | Sweden
The European Broadcasting Union (EBU) said it has serious concerns about the Swedish government's decision to reallocate the 700 ...

PTS holds hearing on draft spectrum use strategy

Published 14 Feb 2014 14:42 CET | Sweden
Swedish postal and telecoms regulator PTS has published a draft strategy for spectrum use for the public good, and it will hold a ...

Telia wants 700 MHz band freed up for mobile communications

Published 01 Nov 2013 12:47 CET | Sweden
Telia said the 700 MHz frequency band should not remain earmarked for terrestrial television beyond 2015. The government will ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

01 Mar Zoom Video Communications Q4
01 Mar Liberty LatAm Q4 results
01 Mar Switch Q4 2020
01 Mar Boingo Q4
01 Mar Ooma Q4
01 Mar Inseego Q4
01 Mar TIM Brasil investors day
01 Mar Embedded World Digital
02 Mar HPE fiscal Q1
02 Mar FuboTV Q4 2020
03 Mar Vivendi Q4 2020
03 Mar Avast FY results
03 Mar Marvell Technology fiscal Q4
04 Mar Broadcom fiscal Q1
04 Mar MTS Q4 2020
04 Mar Ciena fiscal Q1
04 Mar Inwit Q4 2020
04 Mar Telesat Q4
05 Mar Vonage Investor Day
::: More Calendar Items