0
Wireless

Telia Sweden works with bus operator Nobina on data analysis

Wednesday 28 June 2017 | 13:04 CET | News
Always wanted to know everything about the Dutch Telecoms market? Then the online Masterclass Introduction Dutch Telecom market is for you! Please enroll here!
Telia Sweden said it is working with Nobina, the largest bus group in the Nordic region, to improve public transport by analysing anonymised mobile data. Bus traffic is usually planned on the basis of ticket figures and travel habit surveys, as well as statistical data. For example, figures from Statistics Sweden show the trend for commuting, but only 40 percent of those who travel are commuters, so enhanced understanding is required of how the other 60 percent of passengers travel.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Mobile & Wireless
Countries: Sweden
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Telia provides Nobina with IoT system for efficient bus heating

Published 12 Jun 2019 13:09 CET | Sweden
Telia Sweden said it has developed an IoT product for Nordic bus operator Nobina to heat its buses. It said 2,000 vehicles of ...

Telia works on connected building site research scheme

Published 30 Jun 2017 12:39 CET | Sweden
Telia Company said it is participating in a project with Lulea University of Technology, Linkoping University, Sony Mobile, NCC, ...

Nordic IoT market to double by 2021, Baltic one to triple

Published 03 Mar 2017 13:12 CET | Estonia
There are nearly three connected devices per person in the Nordic region, and this is set to double by 2021, according to an IoT ...

Telia buys speed camera, public transport tech firm Faltcom

Published 01 Feb 2017 11:53 CET | Sweden
Telia Company said it has acquired Falt Communications (Faltcom), which is active in the Nordic connected public transportation ...

Telia Company renames New Ventures as Division X

Published 06 Sep 2016 13:09 CET | World
Telia Company said its New Ventures department has been renamed Division X and will speed up its emerging business areas such as ...

Telia joins Urban ICT Arena and Drive Sweden schemes

Published 25 Apr 2016 12:45 CET | Sweden
Telia has announced at Kista Mobility Week from 25-29 April that it is joining the smart city initiatives Urban ICT Arena and ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

19 Oct Capacity Europe 2020
21 Oct Ericsson Q3 2020
21 Oct Telenor Q3 2020
21 Oct DNA Q3 2020
21 Oct Netgear Q3 2020
21 Oct Crown Castle Q3
21 Oct Telia Q3 2020
21 Oct Verizon Q3 2020
21 Oct Profile: Budget Alles-in-1
22 Oct Verimatrix Q3 2020
22 Oct Econocom Q3 2020
22 Oct AT&T Q3 2020
22 Oct Limelight Networks Q3 2020
22 Oct Nordic Entertainment Q3 2020
22 Oct Intel Q3 2020
22 Oct STMicroelectronics Q3 2020
22 Oct VeriSign Q3 2020
22 Oct Rogers Q3 2020
23 Oct Doro Q3 2020
23 Oct Orange Belgium Q3 2020
23 Oct Airtel Africa H1 results
26 Oct Harmonic Q3 2020
26 Oct Alphabet Q3 2020
26 Oct Twilio Q3 2020
26 Oct CCW Europe 2020
27 Oct Microsoft fiscal Q1
27 Oct A10 Networks Q3 2020
27 Oct Juniper Networks Q3 2020
27 Oct Siminn Q3 2020
27 Oct Telefonica Brasil Q3 2020
::: More Calendar Items