0
Broadband

Top 25 metro areas generated 65% of worldwide colocation revenues in Q2

Wednesday 16 September 2020 | 13:53 CET | News
Washington, Tokyo, London, New York and Shanghai led the global retail and wholesale colocation market in the second quarter, according to the latest study from the Synergy Research Group. The five cities together made up 27 percent of the total market. The next 20 largest metro markets accounted for another 38 percent of the market. All together, these top 25 metros generated 65 percent of worldwide revenues. They have over the past 20 years been relatively consistent at the 63-65 mark.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Categories: Fixed
Companies: China Telecom / China Unicom / CyrusOne / Digital Realty / Equinix / Global Switch / KDDI / NTT
Countries: World
::: add a comment

Add comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

European cloud services market worth EUR 5.9 billion in Q3 2020 - SRG

Published 15 Jan 2021 11:02 CET | Europe
The European cloud market has more than tripled since start-2017 to reach EUR 5.9 billion in Q3 2020, according to the latest ...

Global data centre infrastructure spending up 2% in Q3 - research

Published 14 Dec 2020 11:19 CET | World
Global spend on data centre hardware/software increased by 2 percent year-on-year to USD 40.5 billion in Q3 2020, according to ...

Enterprise cloud services spending up by USD 1.5 billion in Q3 - research

Published 07 Dec 2020 16:29 CET | World
Global enterprise spending on cloud services was boosted by around USD 1.5 billion in Q3 as Covid-19 drove change in enterprise ...

21Vianet revenues jump 27%, turns to net profit in Q3

Published 25 Nov 2020 08:15 CET | China
Chinese data centre operator 21Vianet posted revenues of CNY 1.25 billion (approximately USD 183.5 million) for the third quarter ...

Gold Telecom launches LatAm wholesale provider GoldConnect

Published 11 Nov 2020 11:30 CET | Caribbean
Florida-based Gold Telecom has announced the launch of a new wholesale telecommunications provider called GoldConnect, initially ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

25 Jan Ericsson Q4 2021
25 Jan F5 fiscal Q1
25 Jan Verizon Q4 2021
25 Jan Microsoft fiscal Q2
25 Jan Uniti Group Q4
25 Jan European 5G Conference
26 Jan AT&T Q4 2021
26 Jan Corning Q4 2021
26 Jan Intel Q4 2021
26 Jan Calix Q4 2021
26 Jan Crown Castle Q4 2021
27 Jan Extreme Networks fiscal Q2
27 Jan Elisa Q4 2021
27 Jan Apple fiscal Q1
27 Jan Juniper Networks Q4 2021
27 Jan STMicroelectronics Q4 2021
27 Jan Samsung Electronics Q4 2021
27 Jan MTN Nigeria Q4 2021
27 Jan Rogers Communications Q4 2021
27 Jan Comcast Q4 2021
27 Jan FCC meeting
28 Jan SK Hynix Q4
28 Jan Charter Communications Q4
28 Jan Telia Lithuania Q4 2021
28 Jan Telia Company Q4 2021
31 Jan KPN Q4 2021
31 Jan Cirrus Logic Q3
31 Jan NXP Semiconductors Q4 2021
31 Jan NEC fiscal Q3
31 Jan Harmonic Q4
::: More Calendar Items