0
Broadband

TSTT, E-IDCOT set up JV to build first data centre on Tobago

Tuesday 11 October 2016 | 14:28 CET | News
Trinidad & Tobago's state-run operator TSTT is teaming up with the Eco-Industrial Development Company of Tobago (E-IDCOT) to build what will be the first data centre on the island of Tobago, reports Trinidad & Tobago Newsday. The companies have set up a joint venture to build and manage the tier 3 data centre, which will offer data storage, back-up, DR and other high-end security and advanced telecommunications services. TSTT will own 75 percent of the facility and provide the ICT technical expertise, with E-IDCOT owning the remaining 25 percent and bringing management oversight and

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Fixed
Companies: Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago
Countries: Trinidad and Tobago
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Trinidad & Tobago's TSTT renames Massy as Amplia

Published 06 Dec 2017 11:45 CET | Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad & Tobago's state-run operator TSTT has rebranded its recently-acquired fixed line operator Massy Communications as ...

Trinidad & Tobago's TSTT acquires rival Massy for USD 38 mln

Published 04 May 2017 15:12 CET | Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad & Tobago's state-run operator TSTT has acquired 100 percent of rival Massy Communications for TTD 255 million (around ...

Trinidad & Tobago's TSTT picks Ericsson to upgrade IT system

Published 13 Jan 2017 10:03 CET | Trinidad and Tobago
Ericsson has announced a contract to upgrade the Operations and Business Support Systems (OSS/BSS) of Trinidad & Tobago's ...

TSTT launches 4G services in Trinidad & Tobago

Published 14 Dec 2016 10:42 CET | Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad & Tobago's state-run operator TSTT has launched 4G services using the 1900MHz frequency band just a week after securing ...

TSTT secures USD 300 mln loan for broadband rollout

Published 05 Dec 2016 11:23 CET | Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad & Tobago's state-run operator TSTT has secured a TTD 2 billion (around USD 298 million) loan to help fund its TTD 3.7 ...

C&W Networks, TE SubCom to upgrade Caribbean cable system

Published 22 Sep 2016 11:10 CET | Caribbean
C&W Networks, a subsidiary of Cable & Wireless Communications, has announced an agreement with TE SubCom to complete an immediate ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

23 Apr Telia Q1 2021
25 Apr Vodafone Qatar Q1 2021
26 Apr SBA Communications Q1 2021
27 Apr Alphabet Q1 2021
27 Apr Siminn Q1 2021
27 Apr Juniper Networks Q1 2021
27 Apr Sequans Q1 2021
27 Apr Corning Q1 2021
27 Apr Calix Q1 2021
27 Apr AudioCodes Q1 2021
27 Apr Mediaset FY results
27 Apr A10 Networks Q1 2021
27 Apr Microsoft fiscal Q3
27 Apr F5 Networks fiscal Q2
27 Apr A1 Telekom Austria Q1 2021
27 Apr America Movil Q1 2021
28 Apr Yandex Q1 2021
28 Apr SK hynix Q1
28 Apr Apple fiscal Q2
28 Apr MaxLinear Q1
28 Apr Oooredoo Q1 2021
28 Apr Verimatrix Q1
28 Apr Altice USA Q1 2021
28 Apr Extreme Networks fiscal Q3
28 Apr ZTE Q1 2021
28 Apr Ribbon Communications Q1 2021
28 Apr Mediatek Q1 2021
28 Apr Qualcomm fiscal Q2
28 Apr Bharti Airtel fiscal Q4
28 Apr Samsung 'Galaxy Unpacked' event
::: More Calendar Items