0
Wireless

Ugandan MPs to visit Libya over UTL mismanagement

Wednesday 15 February 2017 | 11:12 CET | News
Uganda's parliamentary select committee, which is investigating mismanagement at Uganda Telecom (UTL), will soon travel to Libya as part of the inquiry, Libyan Express reported. LAP-Green, a subsidiary of Libyan Post, Telecommunication and Information Technology Holding Company, owns 69 percent of UTL, and the Ugandan government the other 31 percent.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Mobile & Wireless
Companies: Lap Green Networks / LAPGreen / Uganda Telecom / UTL
Countries: Libya / Uganda
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Registration bureau says UTL will become profitable

Published 04 May 2017 15:41 CET | Uganda
The Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB) has sought to assure the public that Uganda Telecom (UTL) will leap out of debt ...

Uganda places troubled UTL under receivership

Published 02 May 2017 11:29 CET | Uganda
The Ugandan government has put Uganda Telecoms (UTL) under receivership in a move to save the troubled telecom company, the ...

Libya warns Uganda against taking UTL assets

Published 10 Apr 2017 11:08 CET | Libya
The Libyan government has issued a warning to the Ugandan government over Kampala's move to repossess shares held by the Libyan ...

Ugandan government takes over UTL from Libya's Ucom

Published 02 Mar 2017 11:28 CET | Uganda
The Ugandan government has taken over the affairs and management of Uganda Telecom (UTL) from Libyan firm Ucom with immediate ...

Zamtel CEO resigns

Published 22 Feb 2017 09:33 CET | Zambia
Zambian operator Zamtel's CEO Mupanga Mwanakatwe has resigned, Lusaka Times reported, citing a statement from the board. Chief ...

UTL resolves interconnection deal dispute with Airtel

Published 06 Feb 2017 11:28 CET | Uganda
Uganda Telecom (UTL) customers will continue to make calls to their counterparts on Airtel after the two telecom companies ...

Govt considers selling Uganda Telecom stake

Published 20 Jan 2017 10:51 CET | Uganda
The Uganda government may consider liquidating its stake in Uganda Telecom (UTL) if efforts to turn around the operator are not ...

LPTIC hold talks with Ugandan president over UTL

Published 06 Dec 2016 14:13 CET | Uganda
The Libyan Post, Telecommunication and Information Technology Holding Company (LPTIC) announced that the company's chairman ...

Ugandan parliament orders probe into Uganda Telecom woes

Published 21 Nov 2016 13:18 CET | Uganda
The Ugandan Parliament has approved a report and passed a motion to establish a select committee to investigate alleged ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

01 Dec 5G Italy
01 Dec NGON & DCI World
02 Dec FTTH Conference
02 Dec Microsoft AGM
02 Dec Telia EGM
03 Dec Marvell Technology fiscal Q3
03 Dec GCX fiscal Q2
03 Dec Liberty Latin America AGM
06 Dec Gitex Technology Week
07 Dec SIPNOC 2020
07 Dec ECOC Exhibition
07 Dec Report: Dutch Mobile Operators 2020-Q3
07 Dec Report: Dutch Broadband 2020-Q3
08 Dec WebexOne
::: More Calendar Items