0
General

Vodafone-Ono to axe 22% of combined workforce - report

Tuesday 28 July 2015 | 15:04 CET | News
Vodafone Spain has informed workers' representatives of its plans to implement a collective dismissal of a maximum 1,300 workers as a result of its acquisition of cable provider Ono, reports Spanish business daily Expansion. Citing unnamed company sources, the report indicates that 60 percent of the dismissals will come from Ono, with the remaining 40 percent from Vodafone. The combined workforce of the two companies currently stands at around 6,000, with Vodafone accounting for 3,500 employees and Ono the remaining 2,500. Negotiations with employee representatives are set to begin on 01

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: General
Companies: Ono / Vodafone Spain
Countries: Spain
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Vodafone reaches deal with unions over redundancy plan

Published 01 Oct 2015 11:19 CET | Spain
Vodafone Spain has reached a deal with the trade unions UGT and STC over its proposed collective dismissal of around 1,300 ...

Vodafone-Ono workers to strike over redundancy plan

Published 11 Sep 2015 14:35 CET | Spain
Spanish trade union CCOO has called on Vodafone Spain and Ono workers to strike on 21, 28, 29 and 30 September against the ...

Vodafone Spain slows sales fall to 5.5% thanks to Ono boost

Published 24 Jul 2015 09:44 CET | Spain
Vodafone Spain saw its organic service revenues for its fiscal first quarter to June contract by 5.5 percent to GBP 803 million, ...

Ono FY losses rise to EUR 642 mln after Vodafone cleanup

Published 25 Jun 2015 10:44 CET | Spain
A review of the accounts of Spanish operator Ono by its new owner Vodafone has revealed a far larger loss than the UK group ...

Vodafone Spain sales down 7.8%, hits 2.8 mln fixed customers

Published 19 May 2015 09:19 CET | Spain
Vodafone Spain saw its organic service revenues for its fiscal fourth quarter to March contract by 7.8 percent to GBP 851 ...

Vodafone discounts Ono 60 Mbps fibre offer to EUR 38/mth

Published 11 May 2015 09:22 CET | Spain
Vodafone Spain has temporarily reduced the price of its Ono Fibre plan to what it describes as ADSL prices. Under the promotion, ...

Vodafone Spain-Ono merger to cost 1,200 jobs - report

Published 29 Apr 2015 14:45 CET | Spain
Vodafone Spain is preparing a collective dismissal of 1,200 workers over the coming months as a result of its acquisition of ...

Vodafone Spain discounts convergent offers for early takers

Published 20 Apr 2015 10:32 CET | Spain
Vodafone Spain has announced a range of discounts for early takers of the new Vodafone One multi-play convergent offers launched ...

Vodafone-Ono unveil first joint convergent offer

Published 15 Apr 2015 16:43 CET | Spain
Vodafone Spain has announced the first convergent offer that takes advantage of the HFC cable network of Ono, the company it ...