0
Wireless

WhatsApp dominates messaging traffic in Namibia

Tuesday 6 August 2019 | 11:23 CET | News
Whatsapp accounted for 98 percent of all instant messages sent on MTC's network last year, reports The Namibian. Other applications such as Twitter, Google's Hangouts, Telegram, Skype and iOS push messages competed for the remaining 2 percent share. This is according to statistics released by the Communications Regulatory Authority of Namibia (Cran).

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Mobile & Wireless
Companies: MTC / Telecom Namibia / WhatsApp
Countries: Namibia
::: add a comment

Add comment

Please login or register to leave a comment.

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

MTN Business Namibia launches 4G at the coast, offers free connections in promotion

Published 13 Nov 2019 10:25 CET | Namibia
MTN Business Namibia has launched its 4G service at the coast for faster internet connectivity for home and office use in ...

WhatsApp in talks to launch m-payments in Indonesia - report

Published 20 Aug 2019 12:10 CET | Indonesia
Facebook's messaging service WhatsApp is in talks with multiple Indonesian digital payment firms to provide their mobile ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

04 May 6G Symposium
05 May Dell Technologies World
06 May Teleste Q1 2021
06 May Gogo Q1 2021
06 May TDC Q1 2021
06 May Ice Group Q1 2021
06 May Freenet Q1 2021
06 May RTL Group Q1 2021
06 May Pexip Q1 2021
06 May Avaya fiscal Q2
06 May Roku Q1 2021
06 May Vonage Q1 2021
06 May Cable One Q1 2021
06 May Motorola Solutions Q1 2021
06 May EchoStar Q1
06 May Globalstar Q1
06 May IAC Q1 2021
06 May Uniti Q1 2021
06 May PCTEL Q1 2021
07 May Cellnex Q1 2021
07 May TDS, US Cellular Q1
07 May Telus International Q1 2021
10 May Boingo Wireless Q1 2021
10 May Ceva Q1 2021
10 May Weibo Q1 2021
10 May 8x8 fiscal Q4 results
10 May NortonLifeLock fiscal Q4, investors day
10 May Synchronoss Q1
11 May Magyar Telekom Q1 2021
11 May Radcom Q1 2021
::: More Calendar Items