0
General

Dominican Republic mobile lines stay at 8.9 mln in H1, Claro consolidates lead

Friday 23 August 2019 | 10:20 CET | News
The Dominican Republic reached 8.9 million mobile lines at the end of June 2019, up around 1 percent year on year and flat compared to the H2 2018 figure, according to the latest update from the country's telecommunications watchdog Indotel. Three quarters (75%) of the lines were prepay and the remaining 25 percent were postpay, with Claro (America Movil) consolidating its position as market leader with a 57.6 percent share, up 3 percentage points year on year. Altice followed with 36.7 percent of lines, down 2 percentage points, while Viva accounted for the remaining 5.7 percent.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: General
Companies: Altice Dominicana / America Movil / Claro / Indotel / Viva
Countries: Dominican Republic
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Dominican Republic to tender 5G frequencies in 2021

Published 09 Oct 2020 14:49 CET | Dominican Republic
Dominican telecommunications watchdog Indotel has announced plans to activate 5G throughout the country next year after carrying ...

Altice Dominicana EBITDA up 6% in Q4 on fixed customer adds

Published 25 Mar 2020 11:15 CET | Dominican Republic
Altice announced revenues of EUR 141 million for its Altice Dominicana brand in the Dominican Republic in the final quarter of ...

Altice launches VoLTE service in Dominican Republic

Published 09 Mar 2020 11:23 CET | Dominican Republic
Altice has launched VoLTE (Voice over Long Term Evolution) services in the Dominican Republic, reports local news service CDN, ...

Claro up to 60% of mobile lines in Dominican Republic

Published 17 Dec 2019 11:41 CET | Dominican Republic
Claro (America Movil) has consolidated its position as market leader in the Dominican Republic, accounting for over half of fixed ...

CHT Holdings to launch nationwide Dominican fibre service this month

Published 09 Dec 2019 10:53 CET | Dominican Republic
CHT Holdings Dominicana announced plans to launch fibre-optic services in the Dominican Republic later this month using a ...

Altice to invest USD 655 mln in Dominican Republic by 2024

Published 21 Nov 2019 11:34 CET | Dominican Republic
Altice is set to invest around DOP 35 billion (some USD 655 million) in the Dominican Republic from 2019 to 2024, reports local ...

Altice Dominicana installs 100 new free Wi-Fi hotspots

Published 03 Jul 2019 11:41 CET | Dominican Republic
Altice Dominicana has confirmed the installation of a further 100 Wi-Fi hotspots throughout the country as part of its commitment ...

Dominican Republic mobile lines up 2% to 8.9 mln in 2018

Published 18 Mar 2019 14:19 CET | Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic reached 8.9 million mobile lines at the end of December 2018, up around 2 percent year on year, according ...

Claro Dominican Republic share up to 56% of mobile lines

Published 20 Dec 2018 11:40 CET | Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic ended October with a total of 8.8 million mobile lines, up 231,000 year on year, according to the latest ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

30 Nov Zoom Video Communications Q3 2020
30 Nov NexTV Series MENA
01 Dec Hewlett Packard Enterprise fiscal Q4
01 Dec 5G Italy
01 Dec NGON & DCI World
02 Dec FTTH Conference
02 Dec Microsoft AGM
02 Dec Telia EGM
03 Dec Marvell Technology fiscal Q3
03 Dec GCX fiscal Q2
03 Dec Liberty Latin America AGM
06 Dec Gitex Technology Week
::: More Calendar Items