0
General

Dominican Republic mobile lines up 2% to 8.9 mln in 2018

Monday 18 March 2019 | 14:19 CET | News
The Dominican Republic reached 8.9 million mobile lines at the end of December 2018, up around 2 percent year on year, according to the latest update from the country's telecommunications watchdog Indotel. Some three in four (75%) of the lines were prepay and the remaining 25 percent were postpay, while Claro (America Movil) continued as market leader with a 56 percent share, followed by Altice and Viva with the remaining 38 percent and 6 percent respectively. Around two-thirds of the lines (67%) have data access, the vast majority (98%) residential rather than business accounts.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

We hope you've enjoyed your free articles. Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: General
Companies: America Movil / Claro / Indotel / Viva
Countries: Dominican Republic
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Claro up to 60% of mobile lines in Dominican Republic

Published 17 Dec 2019 11:41 CET | Dominican Republic
Claro (America Movil) has consolidated its position as market leader in the Dominican Republic, accounting for over half of fixed ...

Dominican Republic mobile lines stay at 8.9 mln in H1, Claro consolidates lead

Published 23 Aug 2019 10:20 CET | Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic reached 8.9 million mobile lines at the end of June 2019, up around 1 percent year on year and flat ...

Claro Dominican Republic share up to 56% of mobile lines

Published 20 Dec 2018 11:40 CET | Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic ended October with a total of 8.8 million mobile lines, up 231,000 year on year, according to the latest ...

Dominican Republic up to 8.9 mln mobile lines

Published 24 Sep 2018 10:55 CET | Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic reached 8.9 million mobile lines at the end of July, according to the latest update from the country's ...

Dominican Republic suspends AWS spectrum tender

Published 15 May 2018 11:02 CET | Dominican Republic
The Dominican Telecommunications Institute (Indotel) has suspended a tender for a 30MHz block of spectrum in the 1700-2100MHz ...

Viva only bidder for Dominican Republic AWS spectrum

Published 04 May 2018 14:16 CET | Dominican Republic
Viva Dominica was the only bidder for a 30MHz block of spectrum in the 1700-2100MHz (AWS) band auctioned by the Dominican ...

Altice to invest USD 670 mln in Dominican Republic by 2022

Published 02 Feb 2018 11:45 CET | Dominican Republic
Altice is planning to invest some DOP 33 billion (around USD 670 million) in the Dominican Republic from 2018 to 2022, reports ...

Peru, Dominican Republic regulators sign MoU

Published 12 Dec 2017 14:26 CET | Dominican Republic
Peruvian telecommunications regulator Osiptel and its Dominican Republic equivalent Indotel have signed a memorandum of ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

23 Feb RSA Conference
25 Feb Infinera Q4 2019
25 Feb Iridium Q4 2019
25 Feb Millicom Q4 2019
25 Feb American Tower Q4 2019
25 Feb Utility Telecoms 2020
26 Feb Crown Castle Q4 2019
26 Feb Syn Q4 2019
26 Feb Avast FY results
26 Feb Orbcomm Q4 2019
26 Feb Box Q4 2019
26 Feb Sina Q4 2019
26 Feb Weibo Q4 2019
26 Feb Shentel Q4 2019
27 Feb Zoom Telephonics Q4 2019
27 Feb Telesat Q4
27 Feb Dell Technologies fiscal Q4
27 Feb VMware fiscal Q4
27 Feb Cogent Communications Q4 2019
27 Feb Cable One Q4 2019
27 Feb Neophotonics Q4 2019
27 Feb Baidu Q4 2019
27 Feb Netia Q4 2019
27 Feb Sunrise Q4 2019
27 Feb Interxion EGM
28 Feb Masmovil Q4 2019
28 Feb Tecnotree FY 2019
28 Feb Freenet Q4 2019
02 Mar Boingo Wireless Q4 2019
02 Mar GTT Q4 2019
::: More Calendar Items