0
Wireless

Dominican Republic up to 8.9 mln mobile lines

Monday 24 September 2018 | 10:55 CET | News
The Dominican Republic reached 8.9 million mobile lines at the end of July, according to the latest update from the country's telecommunications watchdog Indotel. Around 76 percent of the lines were prepay and the remaining 24 percent were postpay, with Claro (America Movil) continuing as market leader thanks to 4.89 million lines and a 55 percent share. Altice followed with 3.46 million lines and a 39 percent market share, with Viva accounting for the remaining 539,520 lines.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Mobile & Wireless
Companies: Altice Dominicana / America Movil / Claro / Indotel / Viva
Countries: Dominican Republic
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Dominican Republic mobile lines up 2% to 8.9 mln in 2018

Published 18 Mar 2019 14:19 CET | Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic reached 8.9 million mobile lines at the end of December 2018, up around 2 percent year on year, according ...

Claro Dominican Republic share up to 56% of mobile lines

Published 20 Dec 2018 11:40 CET | Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic ended October with a total of 8.8 million mobile lines, up 231,000 year on year, according to the latest ...

America Movil commits to investing USD 1 bln in Dominican Republic

Published 03 Oct 2018 11:54 CET | Dominican Republic
America Movil will invest over USD 1 billion in the Dominican Republic over the next 3 years with a view to developing 5G and ...

Just over half of Dominicans 'very satisfied' with telecom service

Published 02 Aug 2018 11:06 CET | Dominican Republic
Slightly over half of users in the Dominican Republic users are "very satisfied" with the telecommunications services they ...

Dominican Republic suspends AWS spectrum tender

Published 15 May 2018 11:02 CET | Dominican Republic
The Dominican Telecommunications Institute (Indotel) has suspended a tender for a 30MHz block of spectrum in the 1700-2100MHz ...

Viva only bidder for Dominican Republic AWS spectrum

Published 04 May 2018 14:16 CET | Dominican Republic
Viva Dominica was the only bidder for a 30MHz block of spectrum in the 1700-2100MHz (AWS) band auctioned by the Dominican ...

Altice to invest USD 670 mln in Dominican Republic by 2022

Published 02 Feb 2018 11:45 CET | Dominican Republic
Altice is planning to invest some DOP 33 billion (around USD 670 million) in the Dominican Republic from 2018 to 2022, reports ...

Dominican Republic amends Orange-Tricom merger conditions

Published 05 Dec 2017 10:02 CET | Dominican Republic
Just a couple of weeks after approving Altice's request to merge its Orange Dominicana and Tricom units, Dominican Republic ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

07 Aug Starhub Q2 2020
07 Aug O2 Czech Republic Q2 2020
07 Aug TDS, US Cellular Q2 2020
07 Aug Dish Network Q2 2020
10 Aug Gogo Q2 2020
10 Aug Ceva Q2
10 Aug Sohu Q2 2020
10 Aug Avaya fiscal Q3
10 Aug Synchronoss Q2
10 Aug ON Semiconductor Q2 2020
10 Aug Pixelworks Q2 2020
11 Aug Radcom Q2 2020
11 Aug Rakuten Group Q2
11 Aug Lumentum fiscal Q4
11 Aug Viavi fiscal Q4
11 Aug NTT fiscal Q1
12 Aug China Unicom Q2 2020
12 Aug Freenet Q2 2020
12 Aug Tencent Q2 2020
12 Aug Cisco fiscal Q4
12 Aug Tecnotree H1 2020
13 Aug Singtel fiscal Q1
13 Aug Deutsche Telekom Q2 2020
13 Aug Swisscom Q2 2020
13 Aug Telstra FY results
13 Aug RTL Group Q2 2020
13 Aug Teleste Q2 2020
13 Aug iQiyi Q2 2020
13 Aug China Mobile H1 2020
13 Aug United Internet H1 2020
::: More Calendar Items