0
Video

Vivendi not interested in buying Mediaset TV - Berlusconi

Tuesday 22 March 2016 | 10:43 CET | News
Vivendi has discussed a content sharing deal with Mediaset but is not interested in acquiring the company's TV operations, according to former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi, whose family controls Mediaset. Berlusconi was responding on Italian radio to a report claiming the two companies had agreed a share-swap deal involving Mediaset's TV business, according to the Financial Times. The French company was reported on 10 March to be close to acquiring the Mediaset Premium pay-TV unit of in a cash and shares deal. Mediaset owns an 89 percent stake in the unit and the remaining 11 percent is

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: Broadcast & Satellite
Companies: Mediaset / Vivendi
Countries: Italy
::: add a comment

Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

Ben Ammar brokering Vivendi-Mediaset content deal - report

Published 24 Mar 2016 11:54 CET | France
French media group Vivendi has entrusted Tunisian businessman Tarak Ben Ammar, a member of the company's board, to negotiate a ...

Mediaset full-year revenues up 3.2% to EUR 3.5 bln

Published 23 Mar 2016 10:03 CET | Italy
Italian commercial broadcaster Mediaset reported full-year revenues up 3.2 percent to EUR 3.52 billion, compared to EUR 3.41 ...

Telecom Italia confirms 2 binding offers for Inwit stake

Published 18 Mar 2016 11:08 CET | Italy
Telecom Italia has received two binding offers to buy a stake in its Inwit towers division and is currently negotiating with ...

Vivendi ready to acquire 89% of Mediaset Premium - report

Published 10 Mar 2016 09:57 CET | Italy
French media giant Vivendi is close to acquiring a majority stake in the Mediaset Premium pay-TV unit of Italian broadcaster ...

Vivendi, Mediaset eyeing content-based alliance - report

Published 07 Mar 2016 08:59 CET | Italy
Representatives of Italian broadcaster Mediaset met with Vivendi executives in Paris last week to discuss the possibility of ...

Vivendi lodges bid for control of Mediaset Premium - report

Published 23 Feb 2016 09:09 CET | Italy
French media giant Vivendi has tabled a cash and shares bid for a majority stake in the Mediaset Premium pay-TV unit of Italian ...





Calendar   /   Industry Events

24 Nov SD-WAN & SASE Summit
25 Nov Partner Communications Q3 2020
26 Nov Telekom Malaysia Q3 2020
26 Nov Axiata Q3 2020
26 Nov Megafon Q3 2020
30 Nov Zoom Video Communications Q3 2020
30 Nov NexTV Series MENA
01 Dec Hewlett Packard Enterprise fiscal Q4
01 Dec NGON & DCI World
02 Dec FTTH Conference
02 Dec Microsoft AGM
02 Dec Telia EGM
::: More Calendar Items