0
General

Vodafone agrees merger with Melita in Malta

Wednesday 24 May 2017 | 09:24 CET | News
Apax Partners, Fortino Capital and Vodafone Group announced an agreement to combine cable, broadband and pay TV provider Melita and mobile operator Vodafone Malta. The combined company's mobile and enterprise business will operate under the Vodafone brand. It will offer quad-play bundled mobile, fixed broadband, fixed telephony and TV services to Maltese consumers and a full range of enterprise services for businesses and the public sector. At completion, the existing shareholders of Melita will own 51 percent of the combined company and Vodafone Europe will own the remaining 49 percent.

Thank you for visiting Telecompaper

We hope you've enjoyed your free articles. Sign up below to get access to the rest of this article and all the telecom news you need.

  • Register free and gain access to even more articles from Telecompaper. Register here
  • Subscribe and get unlimited access to Telecompaper’s full coverage, with a customised choice of news, commentary, research and alerts.

Subscriptions

Already registered?



Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Categories: General
Companies: Melita / Vodafone Group / Vodafone Malta
Countries: Malta
::: add a comment
This article is part of dossier

5G


Add comment

We welcome comments that add value to the discussion. We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate. If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention by using the report abuse links. As the comments are written and submitted by visitors of the Telecompaper website, they in no way represent the opinion of Telecompaper.


Related

EQT acquires Maltese operator Melita

Published 23 May 2019 13:49 CET | Malta
EQT Infrastructure IV said it signed an agreement to acquire Malta operator Melita from private equity firms Apax Partners and ...

Melita chooses Ericsson as strategic 5G partner

Published 27 Mar 2018 22:13 CET | Malta
Melita selected Ericsson as its strategic partner for its upgrade to 5G technology. Ericsson will supply its flagship platform, ...

Vodafone, Melita abandon plans for Malta merger

Published 08 Dec 2017 10:46 CET | Malta
Vodafone announced that it's abandoned a proposed merger of its Malta unit with local cable operator Melita. Vodafone and ...

Vodafone Malta tests 1 Gbps speeds

Published 10 Oct 2017 17:45 CET | Malta
Vodafone Malta showcased the foundations for 5G technology and tested breakthrough 1 Gbps speeds on its mobile network. The ...

Malta extends investigation of Vodafone-Melita merger

Published 13 Jul 2017 12:00 CET | Malta
Maltese operator Go applauded a decision taken by the Office for Competition within the Malta Competition and Consumer Affairs ...

Melita refreshed brand

Published 10 Jun 2017 06:12 CET | Malta
Melita is unveiling a refreshed brand identity and values as it prepares to celebrate 25 years of providing customers in Malta ...

Go believes Vodafone Malta, Melita merger should be OKed

Published 25 May 2017 13:53 CET | Malta
Go believes the proposed Vodafone Malta and Melita merger shouldn't be assessed and requires eventual clearance by the Malta ...

Vodafone to start 'Roam like at home' for pay-monthly

Published 25 May 2017 06:48 CET | Malta
Vodafone Malta is introducing 'Roam like at home' for its pay-monthly customers travelling within the EU as from 1 June, two ...

Vodafone akkoord met fusie met Melita op Malta

Published 24 May 2017 11:28 CET | Malta
Apax Partners, Fortino Capital en Vodafone Group kondigen een overeenkomst aan voor een fusie van het kabel-, breedband- en ...

Melita prepares bid to acquire Vodafone Malta - report

Published 22 Mar 2017 15:52 CET | Malta
Melita is preparing a bid to acquire Vodafone Malta, writes local paper Times of Malta citing industry sources. Behind the move ...

Go launches new fibre, 4G/LTE plans

Published 02 Dec 2016 14:23 CET | Malta
Go launched new Home Pack Fibre internet plans and three new 4G/LTE-friendly pre-paid mobile plans. The new Home Pack Fibre ...

Vodafone Malta intros fixed internet, telephony

Published 05 Sep 2016 17:16 CET | Malta
Vodafone Malta is for the first time offering fixed internet and telephony for homes and small offices. The operator's package ...